support Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces

Better re-intoduce myself

MarathonMum

Locality
Swansea
It's been rather a few months since I last posted here so I thought I'd better ring the doorbell again and say hello.

For those that have forgotten me - I live in Swansea, South Wales. Been playing for about 2 and half years and still very much a beginner. Have a TJ alto and Walstein Tenor. Like playing on my own for my own amusement. Self taught to read music and play the sax. That's about it really.

I have let my playing fall by the wayside a bit this year, as one of my other hobbies is long distance running and have been concentrating on that to the detriment of all else. I've my last half marathon of the year coming up in a fortnight so my thoughts are turning back to playing sax again.

Anyhoo thought I'd better show my face, before I start badgering everyone with questions:)

Sharon

Welcome back Sharon, you were not forgotten. Maybe you could play the sax while running. I've seen an Italian military band doing it, and it looked easy enough:)

Jim.

Hi Sharon - welcome back. You'll soon be back into the swing of things in no time :)

Hi Sharon!

Is your son still buying Rizla's for you?;} So you're a seasonal sax player eh?
Hope you are well.......

Kind regards
Tom :w00t:

One of the Bone People.

Hi Sharon, welcome back, you must have great breath control with all that running?
I was away for a short period, came back two weeks ago, like i was never away. Phil :w00t:

Hi Sharon, I haven't been running much. I've had achilles tendon problems for the last two months. I ran a gentle 3 miles last night and it seemed ok, so I'll start to up the mileage now.

I decided to risk the tendon for a triathlon last month - it was a bit sore afterwards but not too bad.

I've also taken up archery!!! :w00t:

Welcome back Young Shar.
As long as you can drown out Tom's trombone, you can run all you like. ;}
BTW Good luck in the half although I'd prefer half a pint. :D

Hiya Shazza, welcome back young Taffy-me-lass, I couldn't never do the whole running thing, but I did complete a 25 mile walk in September. The walk was great and I managed it in seven and a half hours. The hard part was trying to climb into my Land Rover Discovery afterwards! :)))

(Image resized by admin)

_MG_7221a.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Sharon
Like you, I been playing about 2 1/2 yrs now. Play in a swing band, but I prefer playing on my own, for my own, with my own. Must be a loner!
What do you play? I have a few books/cd's now, different kinds of music.
Found a Lloyd Webber book for recorder in a charity shop, transposed it for my tenor. Very enjoyable playing, always go back to jazz though. Pie Jesu gets my missus going, but she don't approve when I try to 'swing' it.
Sacrilege:shocked:
Are the dreaded grace notes coming out right yet? I have a lot of trouble with them.

Well thanks for the warm welcome back chaps. Nice to see so many familiar faces. I'm still struggling to find the time to play regularly. My chops need building back up and my fingers are a lot stiffer than they werer after only a few months.

My ability on my alto if fine - in fact I have been playing it with an otto link (phil you'll remember that one) quite comfortably and getting the sound I want. But my tenor playing has gone right down the pan. Wasn't brilliant at getting the lowest notes before but now it's very poor. Still will perservere with it before I think about selling it as I've only had it a year and have not really put the time in.

Anyway off to catch up on all the posts - I may be a while ..................

Sharon

Hi Sharon, great to see you back! I've thought about you a few times, wondering how you are getting on!

I have got a teacher now to try to get me improvising but it is sooo hard! Feeling a bit disheartened and wondering what I have let myself in for.....

Hi Sharon

Hi Sharon
Nice to see you in the forum again Im from Wales also Cardiff anyway hope you have fun
Scottie ( Roy )

Welcome Back Sharon!

Still love your avatar :) Hopefully your chops will catch up with your running sooner than later ;}

Back
Top Bottom