support Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces

Accessories Best strap ever!

half diminished

Thought I'd share this with you all. Recently stumbled upon these:

herstellung3.jpg
leder.jpg
knopf.jpg

Great guy, super fast service and beautifully made. I got the Deluxe. Not cheap but without doubt the best made and most comfortable sax strap I have ever seen/used bar none! Totally hand-made in the best soft leather. Nice :)

Now available to the UK here

Last edited by a moderator:
So were did you get your's from.There much like the Moose straps ,they look very nice indeed.

I couldn't find a UK supplier and so I email Johann and he said he could supply me with one direct. I paid via paypal (there were other payment options too) and it duly arrived about 4 days later. He's since emailed me to say that the website is open for the UK so I guess you can buy through that now?

I did tell Johann I would be posting a recommendation here so let him know where you came from if you do order one.

The quality is quite remarkable IMO and the smell of the leather ........... :welldone

How much are we talking about here

mamos

Here is an extract from his email to me:

Here is a list of all the different Cebulla SAX-STRAPS we offer:

Cebulla S small black with fibre hook € 28,00
Cebulla S small black with gold-plated hook € 28,00
Cebulla Deluxe S with fibre hook € 33,00
Cebulla Deluxe S with gold-plated hook € 33,00
Cebulla Deluxe M with gold-plated hook € 36,00
Cebulla Deluxe L with gold-plated hook € 36,00
Cebulla Deluxe XL with gold-plated hook € 36,00

Shipping to UK is free!

I chose the Deluxe L with fibre hook which is great for my tenor and OK for the saxello.

Some years back I wore right throught the strap ring on my sax with a metal strap hook. Now I only use the reinforced plastic ones, they are actually more robust as they don't bend or break.

These straps look great though, will check them out!

The build quality is superb - stitching, quality of leather and the fibre sax ring is as good as any I have seen.

The Black is not Deluxe and I suspect a different leather, as Johanne suggested that the Black does 'give/stretch' a couple of cms over time whereas the Deluxe does not.

I never asked any more questions as I wanted the brown one anyway.

I will email Johanne and let him know there is quite a bit of interest. I was looking to get a second for my saxello but it seems the one I have fits both tenor and saxello which is nice.

Very, very much like the Smooth Moose strap, which is the best I've ever seen, but appears to have even more padding. The string adjuster is a great design - simple and foolproof.

Very, very much like the Smooth Moose strap, which is the best I've ever seen, but appears to have even more padding. The string adjuster is a great design - simple and foolproof.

I don't know the Smooth Moose strap but you are right about the adjuster. Once adjusted it stays put unlike my Lebayle Be-bob Fusion comfort strap which is (ironically) not that comfortable and which seems to re-adjust itself ad infinitum with the slightest release in tension!

Me too.

Maybe we should ask for a cafesaxophone member discount if enough of us want them.

Pete

I suggested this to Johann and he has agreed to a 'special' price as long as he gets a minimum order of three placed together - obviously they can be shipped to different addresses. See below - new price is in blue (and in €)

Cebulla S small black with fibre hook € 28,00 / 25,00
Cebulla S small black with gold-plated hook € 28,00 / 25,00
Cebulla Deluxe S with fibre hook € 33,00 / 29,00
Cebulla Deluxe S with gold-plated hook € 33,00 / 29,00
Cebulla Deluxe M with gold-plated hook € 36,00 / 32,00
Cebulla Deluxe L with gold-plated hook € 36,00 / 32,00
Cebulla Deluxe XL with gold-plated hook € 36,00 / 32,00

For this initial 'order' PM me if interested to get the discount but remember we need at least three.

I chose the Deluxe L with fibre hook which is great for my tenor and OK for the saxello.

Hi Ian,

On the website it suggests:
medium, suitable for tenor sax/sopranosax straight form or altosax for musicians with powerful neck muscles.

large, suitable for tenor and bariton - especially for musicians with powerful neck muscles.

How are you getting on with the large size on your tenor? Do you find you have to wear it like a tie, i.e. pull the adjuster up quite high?

All the best,

Chris

Hi Ian,

On the website it suggests:

How are you getting on with the large size on your tenor? Do you find you have to wear it like a tie, i.e. pull the adjuster up quite high?

All the best,

Chris

It's perfect for me. The adjustment is about 1/3rd up from the bottom. I am 6ft tall and slightly long in the body. It also fits the saxello about 1/3rd from the top and quite comfortable. I would think the medium or large would suit most people on tenor and again either would I suspect be fine for alto but you could always check with Johann before ordering.

No good for us veggies. :(

While at a Festival (years ago) with my sax, a stranger asked if he could play my sax, I said yes, he turned out to be a very good sax player, he said later that he could not play it again as I had leather pads on this sax, now that's taking things to the extreme (he was super vegan) Are you this severe old git & your other instruments, wood for instance, that was also once growing!

Cheers & Ciao from a once veggie who is now a semi veggie!;}:mrcool