• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.
sax.co.uk

Reeds Best Place To Purchase Reeds?

QWales

Supplies are getting low and I'm now looking for a new box of 10 x Vandoren Traditional Eb Reeds strength 2.5. I usually manage to get them on Ebay for £20 or under but not today it seems. So I was wondering, does anyone have a place they always go that tends to be cheaper than anyone else?

QWales

£27.25 from Reeds-Direct £23.45 via Ebay both including P&P. I've never paid more than £20 so hopefully someone can do better.:)

Last edited:

brianr

can you link us to who on Ebay you have been buying them from previously, as cheaply as under 20.

Was that from the Uk and with free postage?

even if not doing so at the moment, it sounds interestingly low, and worth knowing about.

QWales

They were from Ebay in the UK with free postage but I can no longer see the details. The last ones I bought were a part of a job lot and prior to that was only £13 and as I remember had one or two removed from the box.

brianr

They were from Ebay in the UK with free postage but I can no longer see the details. The last ones I bought were a part of a job lot and prior to that was only £13 and as I remember had one or two removed from the box.

LOL.

with respect, Im not sure that is a fair comparison.

had me all excited there. I'll have to try to calm down now.

QWales

Well I felt obliged to produce something or you may think I'm making it all up but I have purchased brand new boxes of 10 for under 20 in the past but like Kev says, they have gone up recently so maybe that's no longer possible.

QWales

I suppose I'm lucky to have a retailer on my doorstep, I've always got mine from curly woodwind except the box of jazz select i won at the cafe meet :)
Bought 2 today as it so happens
Good point, I still have a box of those I haven't opened, I should really give them a go first :yess:

jazzdoh

It takes me about half an hour to get to my local shop even though it's only 7 miles away.

Nice to make the effort I feel
Your one of the lucky ones,i had a great shop about 5 miles away which was MIR Halesowen but it closed down a few years ago, nearest to me is in Birmingham city centre but they only have limited stock of standard Rico's and Rico Royals,i too shop at Reeds-direct they have excellent service and a wide range of reeds to pick from.