SYOS

Beginner Best Online Courses/Teachers

JustJ0e

Hello All,

Recently picked up a Alto Sax, complete novice but having lots of fun on it!

Can anyone recommend the best online courses to learn? Doesn't seem ideal learning from a computer but in current circumstances I have no other option.

Free would be ideal but I guess any that is great value for money will work!

Cheers,
Joey

randulo

Playing alto 2 ⅓ years
Subscriber
Hi,

There are many resources on the site Taming The Saxophone: the ultimate saxophone site including a lot of things to learn when starting up.

Youtube is chock full of hundreds of teachers offering free tutorials. Better Sax is a good one to look up.

or McGill School

There's a few pages on this topic here:

Murillogf

The mcGill sax school is giving a free 14 days access to their course (I think it usually costs about 29 dollars per month).

I found some of the videos there very usefull. For sure its worth taking a look.

randulo

Playing alto 2 ⅓ years
Subscriber
I just spent a few minutes looking at other online Eric Marienthal students' videos at ArtistWorks. There are many songs I wouldn't want to learn, but others have and they then submit them to Eric, in addition to exercises. He then replies with his analysis and suggestions. Any student can watch any of the hundreds of these pairs of video exchanges available. I believe this is not done anywhere else, so I'm mentioning again it now. It's a compelling feature of AW's method that I often forget. This content grows every few weeks, enriched by other students newly submitted videos and Eric's responses. It's well worth checking out as it's richer than just a collection of lessons and exercises or lessons. It's more like an infinite master class.

Saxholder Pro

Members OnlineStatistics

Help!Mailing List
Top Bottom