All profit supporting special needs music education and Help Musicians
Tutorials

Benny Golson Ronnie Scotts 22 and 23 May

nakedlunch

Just a heads up on this gig - 22 and 23rd May at Ronnie Scott's. Am actually very surprised that it is not sold out.

aldevis

Surrealist Contributor.
Cafe Moderator
Just a heads up on this gig - 22 and 23rd May at Ronnie Scott's. Am actually very surprised that it is not sold out.
I am actually pleased. I hope I will have enough money to buy a ticket, and I will know it few days before.
I was listening to some Jazztet recordings today.

milandro

I saw his concert over here in October at the Bimhuis. Really nice! Very entertaining.

He will take several pauses during the concert filling them in with a number of very witty anecdotes and sometime letting the trio play on their own.

Of course Mr. Golson is 83 and the pace and volume of a concert of his cannot be the same as you will have with a young cat. Nevertheless everything is very pleasant and definitely worth taking part to such a great event.

Benny Golson is definitely not only a great player but is one of the few true composers among the many jazz players of his era. His contribution to the jazz history is a major one and he is one of the few authors of Standards still alive.

Last edited by a moderator:

aldevis

Surrealist Contributor.
Cafe Moderator
Of curse Mr. Golson is 83 and the pace and volume of a concert of his cannot be the same as you will have with a young cat. Nevertheless everything is very pleasant and definitely worth taking part to such a great event.
If I want something loud and fast I can alway go and see some newly graduated in their 20 warming up.

milandro

well, I didn’t say not to go to see Benny Golson , I was merely describing the experience that the concert of one of the Nestors of the jazz music gives to his public at the venerable age of 83, which is already an achievement on its own!

aldevis

Surrealist Contributor.
Cafe Moderator
well, I didn’t say not to go to see Benny Golson , I was merely describing the experience that the concert of one of the Nestors of the jazz music gives to his public at the venerable age of 83, which is already an achievement on its own!
I was joking. I will do my best to see him. I am somehow expecting something classy from the old lion.

Saxholder Pro

Staff online

Help!Mailing List
Top Bottom