All profit supporting special needs music education and Help Musicians
SYOS

Microphones Bell mic. volume control

johnboy

Hi Y'all,
I don't know if anyones interested, but I use a SDS Systems LDM 94 bell mic. (not wireless), and often being some distance from the mixer, need a volume control.
An American company "Blows Me Away" provided the answer, a balanced XLR control that they make for harmonicas. This I have clipped to my strap, with two cable ties (crude but effective), it works perfectly. They have a web site and the service is 1st class.
I thought this might help someone,

johnboy.

johnboy

Taz, thanks for that! I spent a lot of time surfing to find Greg, but when I did, I placed an order at mid day. Greg Emailed me at 4pm to tell me it was in the post. It's well made (very robust) and as I said works perfectly. I see he now produces them with zero to full volume (mine only drops volume by half), so I'll be ordering a new one very soon. Guys they are a Godsend, just clip them to your strap and you have complete control.
How was that for a sales pitch. Well must dash, off to another gig. Out here they start at midnight and go on untill 3 AM.

johnboy

Jules

Formerly known as "nachoman"
As a sax/gob iron doubler- very handy, definately on my 'to get' list.... cheers

johnboy

I don't think you can, I think we are talking dynamic mics. with XLR plugs, and you do really need a variable volume control (as guitars have on board). The only drawback is, you need to be using a mixing desk, or an amp with XLR input.
Something else to watch out for are condenser mics. these generally require 48 volt Phantom Power, or similar.

Saxholder Pro

Staff online

Help!Mailing List
Top Bottom