All profit supporting special needs music education and Help Musicians
SYOS

Microphones Bell mic. volume control

johnboy

Hi Y'all,
I don't know if anyones interested, but I use a SDS Systems LDM 94 bell mic. (not wireless), and often being some distance from the mixer, need a volume control.
An American company "Blows Me Away" provided the answer, a balanced XLR control that they make for harmonicas. This I have clipped to my strap, with two cable ties (crude but effective), it works perfectly. They have a web site and the service is 1st class.
I thought this might help someone,

johnboy.

johnboy

Taz, thanks for that! I spent a lot of time surfing to find Greg, but when I did, I placed an order at mid day. Greg Emailed me at 4pm to tell me it was in the post. It's well made (very robust) and as I said works perfectly. I see he now produces them with zero to full volume (mine only drops volume by half), so I'll be ordering a new one very soon. Guys they are a Godsend, just clip them to your strap and you have complete control.
How was that for a sales pitch. Well must dash, off to another gig. Out here they start at midnight and go on untill 3 AM.

johnboy

Jules

Formerly known as "nachoman"
As a sax/gob iron doubler- very handy, definately on my 'to get' list.... cheers

johnboy

I don't think you can, I think we are talking dynamic mics. with XLR plugs, and you do really need a variable volume control (as guitars have on board). The only drawback is, you need to be using a mixing desk, or an amp with XLR input.
Something else to watch out for are condenser mics. these generally require 48 volt Phantom Power, or similar.

Top Bottom