PPT mouthpieces

Beautiful and/or Beastly Baritone Saxophone

I really like what @fabriziodalisera does! Are you following him? I think it's really worth it.

I wish I could speak Italian. My oldest son took Italian in school for 5 years, he went to Rome once with his mother last year (I'm not counting his first visit to Rome as a 3 years old) but he can't really appreciate the language! :confused:

I really like what @fabriziodalisera does! Are you following him? I think it's really worth it.

I wish I could speak Italian. My oldest son took Italian in school for 5 years, he went to Rome once with his mother last year (I'm not counting his first visit to Rome as a 3 years old) but he can't really appreciate the language! :confused:
Agreed very much and I do follow as best possible. Some of his videos are pretty advanced for where I am and the little time I have for practice. Also, Italian is also not among the languages that I speak. Irrespectively, it is great that there are new and young players out there on the baritone sax as solo/lead instrument.

Thank you saxyjt, I am happy that you like my work! Here in Rome we speak italian., but with some accent that is not always... enjoyable haha!

Agreed very much and I do follow as best possible. Some of his videos are pretty advanced for where I am and the little time I have for practice. Also, Italian is also not among the languages that I speak. Irrespectively, it is great that there are new and young players out there on the baritone sax as solo/lead instrument.
Thank you Squeak, I appreciate that you are following me. Many of my videos have English subtitles, but you must turn them on in the youtube menu. I believe that the baritone sax has a big potential as a solo voice and not only in a section. This is because it is often played with a honking sound and as a "riffmaker" bassline part, like a techno synth. Mulligan and Chaloff proved that the baritone can be gentle and fascinating, and I lean towards that kind of sound and approach. The journey is long... they were truly incredible musicians!

I know. Addition off the low A dealt a blow (sorry) to the baritone sax as solo instrument, but this is not to say that it doesn't work great in a moderns setting. I love Mulligan in particular and also recently discovered Bob Gordon. For this thread, I thought it was nice with living baritone saxophonists. Here is another example of Frederik Lundin in a quartet. He is a fantastic saxophonist and composer, but mainly plays tenor. However, I think he sounds even better on baritone.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qhMJv8Byimk

My former teacher (retired from teaching but not from playing) plays bari in a new band. It's not realy my favourite kind of music (a bit to experimental), but it's nice to see a band that puts the baritone in a central place.
This is one of the few vidieo's that I can find:
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LgnOdNG_VEU&feature=emb_logo

Starts with a small interview with the band leader/keyboard player, the actual music starts at 49 seconds.

My former teacher (retired from teaching but not from playing) plays bari in a new band. It's not realy my favourite kind of music (a bit to experimental), but it's nice to see a band that puts the baritone in a central place.
This is one of the few vidieo's that I can find:
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LgnOdNG_VEU&feature=emb_logo

Starts with a small interview with the band leader/keyboard player, the actual music starts at 49 seconds.
That's interesting. Reminds me of one of Mingus' fast 'film noir car chase' numbers but updated via John Zorn etc