• Eligibility to post classifieds

The Yardsale is not intended for use by people joining the forum purely to sell an item, so members must have at least 40 posts to be eligible. However new members may post if they either:

• upgraded their account with an annual (not monthly) subscription. This is for access to sell without needing the 40 posts and the contribution after a successful sale still applies.
    • or pay the 5% contribution on the initial listing price up front (non refundable) then a listing will be allowed.

In either case please contact us if you are not yet able to posts

support Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces

Beaugnier Alto - Vintage 1950's/60's - Recent Overhaul

DavidUK

Café Supporter
:)

405455340.jpg

Full Photos here: http://www.picturetrail.com/sfx/albu...eshow/24294741

Serviced a few months ago and with a lovely warm vintage tone this is a French made LeBlanc Vito by Beaugnier, serial number 13625A.

Vintage patina to lacquer commensurate with age (see photos). A few tiny dings in the bow. Neck has been re-corked during the last service.

NOTE: Just the sax, crook, and case included - The mouthpiece & neck strap shown are NOT included.
No longer required as I'm in love with my Buffet 400!
:sax:

£315 cash collected, or add £20 for insured courier (1-2 days).
Bank transfer please, if by post.

5% of sale price will be donated to Pete's charity.

405455288.jpg

Further price reduction from £285 of £5 per DAY for the next seven days.

So, tomorrow the price is £280
Tuesday it's £275, and so on....
Until by next Saturday it's £250 and levels off there.

First to "claim" any day/price can have it at that day's price on that day provided nobody picks an earlier day and higher price.
So, you could say today "I'll have it at £250 next Saturday" but someone might nip in and choose an earlier day. You'd then need to choose an even earlier day to win it back.

Your earliest day/highest price is the one applied as your final "bid".

I'm away until Monday 22nd July so will contact the winning buyer that day to arrange collection/delivery.

Further price reduction from £285 of £5 per DAY for the next seven days.

So, tomorrow the price is £280
Tuesday it's £275, and so on....
Until by next Saturday it's £250 and levels off there.

First to "claim" any day/price can have it at that day's price on that day provided nobody picks an earlier day and higher price.
So, you could say today "I'll have it at £250 next Saturday" but someone might nip in and choose an earlier day. You'd then need to choose an even earlier day to win it back.

Your earliest day/highest price is the one applied as your final "bid".

I'm away until Monday 22nd July so will contact the winning buyer that day to arrange collection/delivery.

:popcorn:

I'll have it on the 8th of September. You can put the extra fiver in the case when you post it.

Thanks Colin.

Bid from Colin at £250 on 8th September is registered. No extra fiver mentioned in the sale listing, just that the price levels out at £250 next Saturday.

To beat Colin's bid, you must buy it at a price prior to next Saturday, OR earlier than him at £250.

OR earlier than him at £250.

This is very confusing ( at least for me). How can anyone bid earlier than Colin at £250? Unless someone buys it for a higher price, Colin's is the first offer at £250 for Saturday.

Re the £5. If you reduce the price by £5 a day, it will be £255 on Saturday, not £250........

This is very confusing ( at least for me). How can anyone bid earlier than Colin at £250? Unless someone buys it for a higher price, Colin's is the first offer at £250 for Saturday.

Re the £5. If you reduce the price by £5 a day, it will be £255 on Saturday, not £250........

Earlier than the 8th September, Colin's purchase date. A bid of £250 for a date earlier than 8th September beats his.
Extra £10 off on the last day, sorry, forgot to mention! :ashamed

Just to clarify.

My offer was to take it off your hands on sept 8th. With a reducing price of £5 per day this would be the point where the price was
-£5. Hence the comment you can put the extra fiver in the case when you send it.

Just to clarify.

My offer was to take it off your hands on sept 8th. With a reducing price of £5 per day this would be the point where the price was
-£5. Hence the comment you can put the extra fiver in the case when you send it.
You missed "Until by next Saturday it's £250 and levels off there." in my post #3.

We could do with a DavidUK notice board listing what's for sale and the (current) price... I 'spose the cyber equivalent would be some sort of speadhseet

Either way I imagine there'll be equipment moving on and off it for many months to come

Keeps me entertained

We could do with a DavidUK notice board listing what's for sale and the (current) price... I 'spose the cyber equivalent would be some sort of speadhseet

Either way I imagine there'll be equipment moving on and off it for many months to come

Keeps me entertained

Just this one for sale - £250 collected or plus post.
I seem to recall Chris J pad £450 for his and still felt it was a bargain!

Perhaps you shouldn't tell people what you buy them for when you find them. They are great finds at silly prices but, given that, the mark up then looks high. I also think your postings suggest that work has been done but not an overhaul, so it may need more doing. If it has had a full overhaul, make sure it's obvious. If you want to just shift it, cover your costs or try to make a small profit only, so the deal is really attractive for the buyer.

I'm sure if someone is looking for what you are selling, you will sell. Otherwise, like you, if thy're not looking for something specific, most people are looking for a bargain at the moment. You've tried swapping, ebay and the forum. Perhaps hold on to it for a while and try again. You may have more luck that way, especially if at that time you have just what they are looking for.

Perhaps you shouldn't tell people what you buy them for when you find them. They are great finds at silly prices but, given that, the mark up then looks high. I also think your postings suggest that work has been done but not an overhaul, so it may need more doing. If it has had a full overhaul, make sure it's obvious. If you want to just shift it, cover your costs or try to make a small profit only, so the deal is really attractive for the buyer.

I'm sure if someone is looking for what you are selling, you will sell. Otherwise, like you, if thy're not looking for something specific, most people are looking for a bargain at the moment. You've tried swapping, ebay and the forum. Perhaps hold on to it for a while and try again. You may have more luck that way, especially if at that time you have just what they are looking for.
I wear my heart on my sleeve unfortunately. Some people seem to like to share in these bargain buys but others may hate me for them!

If you ever watch Dickenson's Real Deal the punter sometimes lets slip that they bought an item for 50p at a car boot before being offered any money but still end up being paid what it's actually worth, hundreds of pounds often.

I'm conscious that this sax may be worth £500 to the right buyer and also that it's cost me around £150 all in, so I think £250 is reasonable to "shift it" without giving it away! But then again some may just have in their minds the original "bargain find" price and hate to pay more than I did?

I guess "Vitos" are notorious for being all sorts of makers and prices. Just wish I could put it on saxontheweb as US buyers seem to lap up the Beaugniers.

:(

Hi David,

Re Beaugnier Would you consider a swop with my Buffet 100? I'm finding the weight and balance and finger reach not quite suiting me. Please ring me if you have my number still or PM me your number again.

P.S. Magpie avatar is brilliant for you!

Back
Top Bottom