Tutorials

BBQ shrimp

Morgan Fry

It's finally hot enough to barbecue, but as a Californian sausages and chinese spareribs on the grill is just crazy to me -- babecues are for steaks, burgers, and stuff on skewers. Here's one I appropriated from maybe the best seafood place in the world.

1.) Skewer up some shrimps and scallops (king prawns and medium-sized scallops, not the giant ones, frozen is OK if you must), or scallops and bacon. Or just shrimps.

2.) sprinkle about a ton of 1 part salt to maybe 3 parts paprika on it

3.) grill it. Charcoal, of course, nothing right about a gas barbecue.

serve with drawn butter and lemon wedge. We always had it with coleslaw and corn on the cob. And Mexican beer. Stella my eye, summer's for Coronas and limes.

enjoy!

Pete Thomas

Chief of Stuff
Commercial Café Supporter
Charcoal, of course, nothing right about a gas barbecue.
Yess!!!

And Mexican beer. Stella my eye, summer's for Coronas and limes.
Noooo! Mexican beer is P.

However I'm bot a big Stella fan either. Grolsch is OK though. Ideally I'd like something as tasty as a proper Budvar but that allowed a bit more liquid intake (in summer) before the falling over effect.

If only you could just get a nice proper English Ale out of a barrel whenever required without the faff. Nobody has ever successfully canned a proper beer like what you get in a good pub. Or have they?

phooesnax

Blue Moon, Shock Top or Linenkugle Summer Wheat ...all perfect with BBQ Shrimp.

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
Morgan Fry

Morgan Fry

You Brits and your beer. Yes, it's better. Yes, Mexican beer is rubbish. Hence the lime. But have you ever tried American?:shocked:

kevgermany

ex Landrover Nut
Subscriber
You Brits and your beer. Yes, it's better. Yes, Mexican beer is rubbish. Hence the lime. But have you ever tried American?:shocked:
Sadly... On the few trips I've made there, there's not been a beer worth drinking - except for some imported stuff. Bottled Heineken was generally available, but not something I'd want to drink usually.

And since I moved to Germany, I've found a beer nirvana.... Local stuff's all excellent, and we get imported Czech beers as well (real Budweiser from Plzeň for instance) . Some good (and lethal) Belgian stuff works it's way down here occasionally. Not that I drink much these days. Sadly, on my last trip to the UK, I found the beer very unpalatable. And that's stuff I used to rate highly and drink a lot.

Top Bottom