All profit supporting special needs music education and Help Musicians
SYOS

BBC Filming - A Feel Good Tale

MellowD

Lost In Theory
A little bit wary and hesitant about posting this one, though I'm figuring I'm among friends here.

I'm filming (again) with the BBC this afternoon. They want to rush the item through and put on tv tonight if they can edit fast enough, otherwise it will surely be tomorrow.

Anyway, if you have access to BBC East Midlands Today which starts at 6.30pm, I'll be the fat blondish woman with a walking stick and a very nice heroic (in my opinion) Policeman with me, and the lovely Jo Healey, the BBC journalist.

Knew I should've got a haircut!

Mel

MLoosemore

Deluded Senior Member...
That does it... going to have to trawl my Sky box to try and find the East Midlands channel. unfortunately down here in South Lincs all we get usually is Yorkshire :(

MellowD

Lost In Theory
That does it... going to have to trawl my Sky box to try and find the East Midlands channel. unfortunately down here in South Lincs all we get usually is Yorkshire :(
I know that it can be done as my regimental family in Scotland usually will watch.

Mel

p.s. - Pete will give you some reeds to get you going with your new toy, so no immediate worry (saw your signature)

navarro

Hi M I think I can get it on my Humax box. Look forward to putting a face to words. Regds. Once a clapperboard boy always a clapperboard board boy. N.

MellowD

Lost In Theory
About to go put some slap on so that my face doesn't smash the glass in the camera, as I need to leave the house in the next 20mins.

Just heard from the BBC, and they apparently have some additional idea that they want to run with that might mean its going to be delayed until tomorrow for broadcast? I won't have chance to log on and let you know in time before 6.30pm as I will be out of signal.

I sincerely apologise if this seems like I'm wasting your time.

Last time we did this, back in February, it ended up being a full 10 minute piece which made it across three regions on BBC Inside Out! That piece can be seen on http://www.isas-notts.org.uk/News-Media/video1.cfm, and today's filming is an update from this.

By doing this, I helped to raise a £300,000 contract over three years with NHS Nottingham Mental Health Services for a resource to be set up in Nottingham City Centre with employment for 12 Counsellors, and referrals direct from Mental Health Services. I still campaign for more.

Anyway, this is me and my skeletons for all to see!

Mel

jbtsax

Subscriber
You are to be applauded for your courage and honesty, and willingness to reach out to help other victims. Thank you for sharing that with all of us at the Cafe.

John

gladsaxisme

Try Hard Die Hard
Subscriber
Well done indeed Dawn I'm sure many young people and maybe older ones also will benefit from the stand you took against the monster that stole your childhood I hope the experience has helped you to rid yourself of any demons you may have had,we are at last living in a more enlightened society good luck for the future and make sure your wearing wellies when doing the puddle jumping....john

llamedos

I, too, am full of admiration for what you have done and are doing. Such an unselfish act should give others the courage to follow in your footsteps, through or over the puddles, to get rid of the demons.

Live long and prosper.

Dave

Fraser Jarvis

A very brave and courageous lady, well done and keep up the good work, am looking forward to meeting you and Martin at the Vic next month..

Taz

Busking Oracle
I just watched the first one you did for inside out, oh my, you are one gutsy lady! Thank you for doing more than "just your bit" and standing up for others. Well done to you. Like others have said, I hope your scars heal completely.

MellowD

Lost In Theory
Thank you everyone for your very kind and generous comments (blushes)

We filmed the update this afternoon, and it's being made into a bit of a bigger item for the news than originally planned so didn't get broadcasted tonight. It's listed for tomorrow or Thursday now. Sorry to have messed you about. Unfortunately that's the way it works with news items.

I'm hoping you will all be pleased with what the update brings. It has made me feel especially good to have achieved this next stage and I wanted to share it with you guys as you have all welcomed me here so well.

It also helps you to understand why I've taken up the saxophone. I never had chance to do anything like it until now, and I'm having a whole love affair with the process! And it's why I wanted the compensation money to go in this direction - for something to give me joy.

Mel

navarro

About to go put some slap on so that my face doesn't smash the glass in the camera, as I need to leave the house in the next 20mins.

Just heard from the BBC, and they apparently have some additional idea that they want to run with that might mean its going to be delayed until tomorrow for broadcast? I won't have chance to log on and let you know in time before 6.30pm as I will be out of signal.

I sincerely apologise if this seems like I'm wasting your time.
Dear Ms MD Please take this as a formal letter of complaint. There I was situate in my Parker Knoll recliner TV set tuned to said station and what do I get a veritable mix of what`s happening in Leicester, Nottingham etc. Plus a piece on the New unknown Police whatever they call him`s future duties.

Now you may think me petty in complaining however for me to watch a specific channel in my residence on my 42" state of the art, wall mounted HD 3D, tastefully draped in a pair of silk chinoise drapes to give the impression it is a picture window, entails the following, being an employer with certain sympathies toward my domestic staff, the maid who doubles as an occasional cleaner is rewarded not fiscally but at her own request awarded the privilege of watching some Australian soap beamed out around this time.

Okay call me a big softie but I was loathe to cancel her little pleasure plus the fact it would entail a remuneration as compensation,

So I found myself in the kitchen watching on a run of the mill Sony Bravo 26 " LCD, stereo sound only.

Imagine my discomfort sitting in a captains chair surrounded by all the paraphernalia which are the cooks tools of trade, and being constantly interrupted by the said artisan with " Are yer sure Sir yer wouldn like a cuppa." Enough said, and I am sure dear lady you will accept my complaint as being fully justified.

I will endeavour to once again tune in this evening to EAST MIDLANDS and hope you will make a public apology for the inconvenience served upon myself. No Regards Extremely disgruntled N. A very reluctant smilie:D

Last edited by a moderator:

navarro

Hi Mel Let me applaud you on the courage and fortitude you have shown in revealing this traumatic episode in your life.

Recent headlined events have brought home the extent of these abuses.

I am sure if many of these victims had seen this program they will have been encouraged to come forward. Well done Dawn. Regards Navarro.

kevgermany

ex Landrover Nut
Subscriber
Recent headlined events have brought home the extent of these abuses.

I am sure if many of these victims had seen this program they will have been encouraged to come forward. Well done Dawn. Regards Navarro.
Sadly I think we're only just seeing a small part of it. But I hope your and others' examples will persuade more people to confront heir fears andhopefully bring more people to justice - those that are still alive, that is.

MellowD

Lost In Theory
Imagine my discomfort sitting ....... and I am sure dear lady you will accept my complaint as being fully justified.

No Regards Extremely disgruntled N. A very reluctant smilie:D
Hello Navarro

I do, indeed, take on board your complaint in its entirely, and can concur with the frustrations which ensue the reduction in your viewing experience.

Unfortunately, due to the technical difficulties which accompany the daily dealings of news media, and the BBC in particular instance, it may yet occur that the whole item will default to the Thursday button instead of the Wednesday button since I have been advised that Producers are arguing certain points of news-worthiness and additional contexts which have occurred this morning in the national news which are relevant to this subject.

Once again, it is anticipated that this is all for the further enhancement and impact of the piece, as all other responses would be to dump the story already. Delays of this ilk are usually for the betterment, and I truly hope that i) your viewing experience and ii) your ability to exude pride in saying "I know that fat bird" will be improved with the final broadcast.

My name as the victim was Dawn - hence still using this name for public encouragement for other victims of such crime to have a real person to relate to and help them to report or obtain counselling. Legally my name is now Melody, as I have still yet to remain under police protection since my own journey with the police and other investigations is not yet finished.

My work with the BBC on both TV and radio continues, and I have spoken up in national magazines etc. The Rape Crisis switchboard got jammed on one particular morning when I did a BBC Breakfast Show live interview with people phoning to report and get help.

I hope to continue supporting others who yet have to find their own voice.

Mel

Saxholder Pro

Members online

Help!Mailing List
Top Bottom