PPT mouthpieces

Saxophones Bauhaus-Walstein Sopranino

Frank

Hi, this is my first post here :)

I'm looking for an intermediate Sopranino with very good intonation and pleasant tone but I can't afford an Yanagisawa (the less expensive compared to selmer, R&C, etc.)
I'm thinking to the Bauhaus-Walstein Sopranino here:
http://www.woodwindandbrass.co.uk/acatalog/yanagisawa_sopranino_saxophones.html

I've read very good impressions about the B-W Soprano, it is the same for this Sopranino? It seems over the average of other taiwanese Yanagisawa copies all around, it is really different and improved?

With a good mpc (I think a selmer F) can be compared to the SN981?

Many thanks for every info, suggestion and help ! :)

Last edited by a moderator:
BW don't seem to have any duffers in their range, I've played, albeit briefly, both soprano and baritones from BW and they are both very good. Light easy action with great pick-up and intonation.

I would expect the same from the sopranino.

BW don't seem to have any duffers in their range, I've played, albeit briefly, both soprano and baritones from BW and they are both very good. Light easy action with great pick-up and intonation.

I would expect the same from the sopranino.

Yes, I think so... :)
I see that it is one of their best selling saxophone, so I'm wondering if someone could share his impressions here...:sax:

I bought a baritone last week ... and it's really quite heavy. The strap that comes with it is not really comfortable enough for the weight.
Can't think of anything else negative to say (looks great, tone seems even, build quality is very good), but I'm a complete beginner on baritone and have only been learning alto for about a year and a half, so I'm no great judge.

Thanks for all replies :)

Even if this is one of the Best Sellers, I've still found nothing about how it play.:sax:
I appreciate the phosphor bronze body but, about playing, it is the most secret instrument of the world!! :D

Back
Top Bottom