support Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces
  • Eligibility to post classifieds

The Yardsale is not intended for use by people joining the forum purely to sell an item, so members must have at least 40 posts to be eligible. However new members may post if they either:

• upgraded their account with an annual (not monthly) subscription. This is for access to sell without needing the 40 posts and the contribution after a successful sale still applies.
    • or pay the 5% contribution on the initial listing price up front (non refundable) then a listing will be allowed.

In either case please contact us if you are not yet able to posts

SOLD Bauhaus Walstein AI TS PD Tenor Sax

MandyH

Sax-Mad fiend!
Café Supporter
Locality
The Malverns, Worcs
For Sale: one Bauhaus Walstein AI TS PD Tenor Sax.
New May 2011.
Immaculate condition. Recently looked over by Stephen Howard.
Comes with a Yanagisawa 7 HR mouthpiece.
Original zip-closing fabric covered hard case, also immaculate.
Will post photos shortly.
£500 cash. Prefer collection.
Based Malvern, Worcs, UK.

5% to Pete's Charity.

Here are some photos....

Attachments

• SAM_0001.JPG
    SAM_0001.JPG
    47.7 KB · Views: 233
  • SAM_0005.JPG
    SAM_0005.JPG
    45.1 KB · Views: 243
  • SAM_0007.JPG
    SAM_0007.JPG
    59.2 KB · Views: 260
  • SAM_0008.JPG
    SAM_0008.JPG
    87.4 KB · Views: 243
  • SAM_0011.JPG
    SAM_0011.JPG
    89.7 KB · Views: 332
and some more...

Attachments

• SAM_0013.JPG
    SAM_0013.JPG
    69.7 KB · Views: 308
  • SAM_0014.JPG
    SAM_0014.JPG
    87.1 KB · Views: 240
  • SAM_0016.JPG
    SAM_0016.JPG
    76.5 KB · Views: 285
  • SAM_0019.JPG
    SAM_0019.JPG
    88.2 KB · Views: 237
  • SAM_0020.JPG
    SAM_0020.JPG
    71.5 KB · Views: 232
and the serial no...

Attachments

• SAM_0023.JPG
    SAM_0023.JPG
    54.8 KB · Views: 213
The Mouthpiece is worth £80-£100 of that on the used market and the horn looks barely used - the Impoved action version too , great deal Mandy

New May 2011.

5% to Pete's Charity.

Now that you've got your gifts from Santa, you may find that you have a tenor shaped space in your music room!
UK only, collection preferred.

UK only, collection preferred.

While I wouldn't, for a second want to tell you, how to sell your own instruments, it's worth pointing out that there some of us here who do buy successfully via The Yard Sale, without being based in the UK.

I bought a BW tenor a few months ago and then a Vandoren mouthpiece that arrived on Christmas Eve, both from this forum (and the same seller). If the product is good many people will be prepared to pay the extra postage and it definitely widen your potential market, without it causing you too many hassles, assuming you are prepared to use a courier or parcel post for the UK buyers.

Just food for thought.

While I wouldn't, for a second want to tell you, how to sell your own instruments, it's worth pointing out that there some of us here who do buy successfully via The Yard Sale, without being based in the UK.

I bought a BW tenor a few months ago and then a Vandoren mouthpiece that arrived on Christmas Eve, both from this forum (and the same seller). If the product is good many people will be prepared to pay the extra postage and it definitely widen your potential market, without it causing you too many hassles, assuming you are prepared to use a courier or parcel post for the UK buyers.

Just food for thought.
Fair comment. Advice on how to get a payment made from overseas would be gratefully received. I don't have a Paypal account. I would be happy to consider posting once funds are cleared. I also have no idea on how to post a Tenor sax overseas, eg is it too big for Royal Mail, which courier to use etc? I am happy to consider anything once the process is clearer. Postage and packaging at cost ( which I'd need to find out)
Cash and personal collection I understand!

I sold my BW tenor to a member who was in Austria !! and it got there fast and reliably - didn`t cost the earth either as it`s in the EU so Id suggest Mandy limits to the EU rather than UK only... . OK, I`m not bad at packing stuff and the key is to make sure the horn is not allowed to move in the case by wedging with bubblewrap and wedge down the bell keys as well as used something flexible like Packing peanuts inbetween the case and the box is essential too as it cushions any knocks rather than transmitting them to the case and horn . but all of this applies to Courierinig within the UK too .

I sold my BW tenor to a member who was in Austria !! and it got there fast and reliably - didn`t cost the earth either as it`s in the EU so Id suggest Mandy limits to the EU rather than UK only... . OK, I`m not bad at packing stuff and the key is to make sure the horn is not allowed to move in the case by wedging with bubblewrap and wedge down the bell keys as well as used something flexible like Packing peanuts inbetween the case and the box is essential too as it cushions any knocks rather than transmitting them to the case and horn . but all of this applies to Courierinig within the UK too .

Aha

Packing peanuts

I was confused in a separate thread about Colin the Bears damaged sax in transit 'cos you lot were talking about peanuts and I could only think of Monkey nuts

Now I get it!

Must try to think laterally in future

I call them "Snakeys" because they used to be S shaped polystyrene - thesedays they look like "Wotsits" (UK snack for the non Brits) and more porous than the old Snakeys so "Packing Peanuts" (USA name) fits better ....... Whatever, it`s better that they allow the case some cushioning . OEM Yamaha, Yani etc boxes use cardboard end pieces which are solid but crushable so do the same job.

New May 2011.

5% to Pete's Charity.
The Tenor is now wending its way to its purchaser.

Donation now made.
Many thanks.

Donation received, many thanks Mandy :)

Jx