All profit supporting special needs music education and Help Musicians
PPT Mouthpieces

Bass player

Stevie

now also restarting sax. I played a bit a while ago, but the band folded - never really started, to be honest, beyond fairly serious rehearsals - and I put it all on hold, which was a bit daft really since I'd just got a lovely YTS-62.

So, starting back again, and having the same old trouble building the embouchure. Can't manage more than 15 mins at the moment.

Got a Walstein Alto in the loft, bought a while ago, which I also intend to work my way up to.

kevgermany

ex Landrover Nut
Subscriber
There are some great embouchure exercises in Larry Teal's The Art of The Saxophone. Lots of other good stuff there as well.

Have fun

Stevie

Thanks chaps.

I'm sure I bought the Teal book in my first stab at sax playing. Must look it out.

I can manage the "no biting" - but "no blowing"???

Got the Alto down from the loft. What mouthpiece/opening/reed would you recommend for a 7*/2.5 on tenor?

old git

Tremendous Bore
Welcome to the caff, Stevie, you bass playing scurvy dog. (Well it is Talk like a pirate day)

ENJOY!

TomMapfumo

Got the Alto down from the loft. What mouthpiece/opening/reed would you recommend for a 7*/2.5 on tenor?

Hi Stevie!

Commonly it is advisable to use a proportionately smaller tip mouthpiece on Alto. I would suggest something in the 6/6* range. Reeds at 2.5 should be fine.

Welcome to the Cafe and back to Sax playing.
Kind regards
Tom:cool:

johnboy

Hi Stevie,

I'm sending this welcome from a very wet Southampton. Enjoy the Forum and don't forget to join in.

jonboy.

p.s. I'm off back to Spain tomorrow, YEEHAW (or something like that).

Taz

Busking Oracle
Hi Stevie and welcome to the forum. I on holliday at the moment so I'm off to play my sax in the woods..... Ah bliss!!!!!

Top Bottom