support Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces

Bass Clarinet, my new friend

I like the bass clarinet played expertly. When I try, I find the bottom register plays OK but above that i struggle.

Does anyone have suggestions for a bass clarinet mouthpiece suitable for a saxophone doubler ?

Rhys

I like the bass clarinet played expertly. When I try, I find the bottom register plays OK but above that i struggle.

Does anyone have suggestions for a bass clarinet mouthpiece suitable for a saxophone doubler ?

Rhys
I'm pretty sure @jbtsax has a mouthpiece exactly like what you describe.

This is one of my favorite bass clarinet recordings, it's even one of my favorite recordings of summertime
View: https://youtu.be/SY6qJdPyIGo

Rhys

Ha- I briefly convinced myself I could paly bass clarinet by avoiding the high notes- was quickly put in my place as I went up in register!
Apparently the Selmer Concept on Bass clarinet is designed specifically for tenor doublers by the way......

Rhys
My suggestion for a mpc is the Selmer Concept. I was told it is designed for sax players (I came from SATB saxes). And yes, playing with the register key requires rather careful voicing, at least on my bass (a single vent low Eb instrument).

My suggestion for a mpc is the Selmer Concept. I was told it is designed for sax players (I came from SATB saxes). And yes, playing with the register key requires rather careful voicing, at least on my bass (a single vent low Eb instrument).

Ha ! The mouthpiece that came with my low Eb Bundy bass clarinet is a .......... Selmer Concept. Guess I will have to work harder at voicing.

Rhys

I've got a bundy - arrived as a cheap wreck several years ago from ebay, and was then expertly restored by Chris J on here. It's a bit of a mongrel (the bell is from a vito, which means it's missing the peg attachment) but it's got me loads of gigs.

@rhysonsax - on SOTW a while ago there was a guy who was selling bass clarinet mouthpieces aimed at doublers - his username was meven and his company was Avel Sound Concept. If you want to try something cheaper first though, I've found that a legere signature tenor sax reed is the easiest way to get the upper register sounding good on mine - pretty much squeak proof.

Support Cafesaxophone

Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces
Back
Top Bottom