support Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces
  • Eligibility to post classifieds

The Yardsale is not intended for use by people joining the forum purely to sell an item, so members must have at least 40 posts to be eligible. However new members may post if they either:

• upgraded their account with an annual (not monthly) subscription. This is for access to sell without needing the 40 posts and the contribution after a successful sale still applies.
    • or pay the 5% contribution on the initial listing price up front (non refundable) then a listing will be allowed.

In either case please contact us if you are not yet able to posts

SOLD Barone Curved Soprano

malteof

Grew a beard, shaved it off, growing my hair
Locality
Zurich, Switzerland
Price of Item
$900
I recently bought this Barone curved soprano and it needed a check up by a technician at Musik Hug (local technician in Zurich), after which it plays very well (they changed a pad, adjusted the keywork etc. - total of about CHF 500 and I can include the receipt of course).

I'm selling because I have a really good straight soprano that I prefer, and well I don't really need this one in addition to be honest... Selling this at a loss after the revision cost.

More information and pictures here: Phil Barone curved soprano saxophone

I am opening a new saxophone repair company that will bring outstanding prices. Tomorrow, I will post details and photos of my work. Put on your seatbelt.
...including shipping from and to Switzerland? :optimistic:

I'm told that MagicCarpet.com has very competitive rates. :)
@s.mundi - more seriously, where are we to find your announcement oh genie-us (see what I did there?).
Hey, that's the perfect name for your repair shop "Sax Genie-US" :thanks2:

CHF 500.00 for one pad and adjustment sounds like highway robbery...
Heh, yeah - salaries are high over here so anything including manual labor gets expensive.

That, plus the sax was a bit finicky to work on I understand. There was a screw that wouldn't come loose, so my technician has to break it and create a new one that fit.

The sax plays very well now anyway. Haven't used it much.

I thought $ normally meant USD and otherwise you have to add C or A in front.

To be fair I was being lazy though, as I really want 800 CHF - just happens to be close to 1:1 FX rate with USD. Should be about £670.

Hope I didn't add to the confusion now... :oops:

This one sold locally recently... Please remove.