All profit supporting  special needs music education

Saxophones Bari Tale...

kevgermany

ex Landrover Nut
Café Supporter
Locality
Just north of Munich
My teacher doesn't like me switching from one sax to another, so to humour him I've mostly stuck to tenor - his favourite. However I've been having neck problems and started taking in the sop - he could still play his tenor, and I had something light... But I've been threatening to take the bari in for ages. It's OK on the saxholder, as is the tenor. He's been very anti.... Polite, but not keen.

Well I did it tonight.>:) And we started playing duets. He loved the sound (must be the PPT:mrcool) and reckoned his alto and my bari worked really well together. Was a hoot - he was blowing his lungs out to be heard over the bari - just as well I didn't have the PPT power on.... As I went out he said he'd enjoyed it immensely and I should bring the bari whenever I felt like it... :thumb::sax::sax::sax:

So big thanks to Pete for the wonderful mouthpieces, and to MMM for taking the trouble to send me such a wonderful old french horn. :clapping: Must play it more....

Sad thing is that my wife's guitar teacher is in the next room, and he hates the sax lesson nights because of the noise coming through the wall. Guess he got really blasted out tonight. :verysad:p

Anyone looking for one, highly recommended. It's a Noblet low Bb, made by Beaugnier , and not for sale!.

Colin the Bear

Locality
Burnley bb9 9dn
An old saying comes to mind. "Rules are for the obedience of fools and the guidance of wise men"

I keep getting asked to bring the Baritone when I sit in. It's fun but a change is needed. I'm taking the curly sop tonight. Just for the contrast.

Taz

Busking Oracle
Locality
Rugby UK
It was once said by Jools Holland, that it was the sexiest instrument in the world! I hope your teacher is female :rofl::hugging: Don't worry, we won't tell the Frau ;)

Greg Strange

Locality
Hamilton, Waikato, North Island, New Zealand
It was once said by Jools Holland, that it was the sexiest instrument in the world! I hope your teacher is female :rofl::hugging: Don't worry, we won't tell the Frau ;)

Yeah, but Jools Holland's only 5 foot 1 - he probably likes big curvy lassies...:rofl:

Greg S.

MandyH

Sax-Mad fiend!
Café Supporter
Locality
The Malverns, Worcs
I love my Bari, occasionally even the clarinets in the band turn round and compliment it (or me??)

kevgermany

ex Landrover Nut
Café Supporter
Locality
Just north of Munich
sadly not...

We had a laugh at work as well - I'd got the bari in the car and I know a lady colleague is interested in learning the sax, she played an alto for a couple of weeks as par of a course she was on. So I asked if anyone would like to see the bari. They got to discussing the differences between the different saxes. At whcih point the lady in question asked me point blank "How big is it?" Whole office fell about laughing as she realised what she'd said and blushed.

Reactions: Taz

Ads

Locality
North West UK
Yeah - "you wanna see some serious Sax Missus ? then have a look at my Enormous Horn" ........ Sop Majors will use the "it`s not the size it`s waht you do with it that counts" ...... I guarantee you`d hear my Elkhart-300 Curvy Sop over the top of the loudest Bari , LOL ......

Top Bottom