• Eligibility to post classifieds

The Yardsale is not intended for use by people joining the forum purely to sell an item, so members must have at least 40 posts to be eligible. However new members may post if they either:

• upgraded their account with an annual (not monthly) subscription. This is for access to sell without needing the 40 posts and the contribution after a successful sale still applies.
    • or pay the 5% contribution on the initial listing price up front (non refundable) then a listing will be allowed.

In either case please contact us if you are not yet able to posts

support Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces

Bari sax mouthpiece

Chris Sax

Alright folks,

Looking for a bari sax mouthpiece, cheaper the better, more open and larger chamber the better too!

Cheers! ;}

For cheapo but good, try a Rico Graftonite, or even better, Metalite. They work particularly well in baritone sizes. My top tip would be a Metalite M7. "Looks like a hoover attachment" to quote Jules, but plays a storm.

They do seem to get universally good write - ups in Baritone form, and Jon does know his baritone stuff.............

Kind regards
Tom

best price is www.rapidreeds.com - post free as well. If the Metalite is not featured they are able to get them very promptly, no problem

well I have asked!

Do I need to mention Tom for your commission or will they already have worked it out?...

They do seem to get universally good write - ups in Baritone form, and Jon does know his baritone stuff.............

Kind regards
Tom

best price is www.rapidreeds.com - post free as well. If the Metalite is not featured they are able to get them very promptly, no problem

For cheapo but good, try a Rico Graftonite, or even better, Metalite. They work particularly well in baritone sizes. My top tip would be a Metalite M7. "Looks like a hoover attachment" to quote Jules, but plays a storm.

Ah, but they aren't "large chamber" which is what Chris Sax particularly wants. But anything designed by Arnold Brilhart is good in my book.

I've got one and will ask the wife how it goes on the Hoover.

Rhys

Thanks for the reply lads, as it turns out l now have about £100 aside for a mouthpiece....l think im going to keep my eye out for something second hand on here, SOTW & fleabay.

Now who has a Drake Ceramic/Vintage Resin Contemporary Crossover II mouthpiece they want to sell me for £100? lol

I've looked at the Pillingers, one is a Bronzite 'R' 8M and the other standard black resin 'R' 6*. The Runyon Quantum 'The Spoiler' is a 9

Regarding the pillingers I was playing in a quintet where I was taking the part of the String Bass, the guy doing the arrangements had no concept of Saxes so gave me constant Low A/C sharps/B/Bb at ff/mf dropping to ppp/pp tied over 4 bar sections at slow tempos....Get the picture..!!...so I needed Soft tones/Soft reeds but some 'bark' if needed...Ed sent me over a load of stuff and I chose those two...mind you still had to spend a week 4 hrs a day practising from Eb downwards...anyway I digress, if interested I can take some pictures and email...I'm looking for about £85'ish for the Pillingers, with the bite plates they cost me almost £180.00, the Runyon I've no idea what prices are but it came brand new with my YBS32 when I got it...there are no ligs/caps with any of these..I can do a Rovner for the runyon...hope this helps

Back
Top Bottom