support Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces

Bari Outing

gladsaxisme

Try Hard Die Hard
After listening to one or two bari postings in the members sound clips I thought I must have another go with the Bari so I dragged it out from its hiding place "THAT TAKES SOME DOING" and gave it a blow,takes a bit of getting used to doesn't it,at first the lower octave was so so but the upper was total garbbage,all squeeky and other things,so I gave it a rest and played with the alto for a while,then went back to the Bari this time the upper octave was a lot better"NOT PERFECT" but much better so i tried a few of the tunes I know quite well and it was a lot of fun,and with the cheapo harness adjusted it was also very comfortable,so anybody got any known tunes that go particularly well with the Bari....john

Stick Jerry Mulligan into you tube. He made them all sound great on bari.

My funny valentine is a particular favourite of mine for playing, as is Autumn Leaves.

Take five with Brubeck is something else. My Weltklang lacks the subtelty to play it lol

Last edited by a moderator:
I've already had a good listen to him on Spotify but the problem is he plays them all so well so I suppose that's the answer right there just take your pick,as far as TAKE FIVE I've never mastered that on alto so it would be a struggle on Bari,I don't think the BW is all that smooth either, I've got a weltkelang tenor that seems to be very well built,will have a look for FUNNY VALENTINE....John