All fees from subs and sales are supporting musicians suffering hardship due to COVID-19
SYOS

M/Pieces - Ligs Bari HR Tenor Mouthpiece

Przemek

Hi guys!

Bari HR soprano mouthpiece is great piece, which I've been using for 6 years on soprano.

Recently I started to think about some backup tenor mouthpiece - or maybe even main tenor mouthpiece - and I thought about Bari HR Tenor piece. Do you have any experience with this piece? Is it as good as soprano one?

JayeNM

Formerly JayePDX
I have had a few of these come thru the shop over the past few years, I liked them They blew well and sounded pretty good.

OP
P

Przemek

Well, I can answer now to myself, after having one for few weeks: it's bad ;) I sold it ;)

JayeNM

Formerly JayePDX
Was it new ? What was the tip opening/size designation ?

What was it about the mouthpiece which didn't float your boat ?

As I said a while back, I found 'em to be respectable...

OP
P

Przemek

Was it new ? What was the tip opening/size designation ?

What was it about the mouthpiece which didn't float your boat ?

As I said a while back, I found 'em to be respectable...
I bought new Bari HR 8* few weeks ago. Funny thing is, that I've tested it in the shop and also compared it with some Jody Jazz HR (nice, but wasn't loud enough for me) and Aizen copy of Soloist (low and middle registers sounded really good, but the palm keys sounded thin, and altissimo was even worse...). compared it too these two pieces and i imediately new, that it wasn't the greatest mouthpiece, but I wanted something as a backup and I thought that Bari could be well enough to do it.

I played on this piece at home for a week or so, and on each day the mouthpiece was worse for me than day before :( After week of practising (long tones, overtones, blahblahblah) it sounded really bad. It was my only piece at this time, so I even played a gig with jazz standards in a quartet on this piece and it made me sure, that this Bari is just not for me.

Summarizing - Bari was tubby as hell, it felt like it was closing up and blocking the air stream. I sounded on it like I went back few years in my playing :(

One more thing: my opinion is completely honest and (because of my experience with soprano Bari) I expected this mouthpiece to be really good. Testing in a shop kind of gave me that impression, but not in 100%. After that it was getting only worse and worse. BUT it was my embouchure and it was only one specimen of this Bari piece. Maybe other are better? Maybe this piece could work for someone else?

Cheers!

Saxholder Pro

Members OnlineStatistics

Help!

Top Bottom