M/Pieces - Ligs Bari Cyclone tenor mouthpiece, anyone tried it?

Has anyone tried the "Bari Cyclone" tenor mouthpiece? my sax fella in Poland has one, i am getting an 8 but before i do a test run in a week or so I am wondering what to expect, i see they are pretty funky looking, twin ligature system and peak/hill like baffle and different airflow chamber.

Ivan

Undecided
Café Supporter
Locality
Peeblesshire
It looks like the Dyson vacuum cleaner of the mouthpiece world

I had a Dyson then I got fed up with it and now I prefer the simple smiling Henry

After this retail experience I won't give the Bari cyclone a second look, unless it'll hoover the stairs all by itself

It looks like the Dyson vacuum cleaner of the mouthpiece world

I had a Dyson then I got fed up with it and now I prefer the simple smiling Henry

After this retail experience I won't give the Bari cyclone a second look, unless it'll hoover the stairs all by itself
I have no idea what this means? hoovers, vacuum cleaners etc etc.....
tho i take it was an intended light hearted comment.

is this a mouthpiece you have tried and if so what was it like? this is what i wish to know,

thanks.

Ian

milandro

Locality
the Netherlands
actually the comment was jocular but pertinent. Dyson used a “ cyclone” technology http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cyclonic_separation ( that he had seen applied before to some sawmill air extraction device ) to produce a vacuum cleaner which worked on a different principle than other ones made before

200px-Cyclone_separator.svg.png

Now Bari is claiming a similar approach to the mouthpiece. To do what?

“.........a one-of-a-kind metal mouthpiece that introduces several revolutionary designs. At the heart of Cyclone's big sound is Bari's Vortex Technology, a spiral grooved chamber that enhances air flow and increases projection. Additionally, Cyclone's patent-pending baffle design offers quick responsiveness and effortless playability. Adding to the list of mouthpiece advancements, the cyclone has two adjustable dual ligatures.This patent-pending design reduces pressure points on the reed and offers the ability to adjust positions for optimal sound and timbre........! “

We shall see and hear.

milandro

Locality
the Netherlands
anyway, this is a “ test” on youtube, the people from this shop test things playing short and loud riffs and fast licks which if you ask me is NOT the best way to show how a mouthpiece performs .......but they are better players than I am and like to show it off so.......here it is.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ivan

Undecided
Café Supporter
Locality
Peeblesshire
I have no idea what this means? hoovers, vacuum cleaners etc etc.....
tho i take it was an intended light hearted comment.

is this a mouthpiece you have tried and if so what was it like? this is what i wish to know,

thanks.

Ian

Yes lighthearted

No not tried

Don'tcha think it's one of the ugliest sax accessories known to man?

Featured

Top Bottom