supportTutorialsCDsPPT mouthpieces

Backing Tracks

tom9437

Hi can anyone tell me where i can find free backing track downloads i am looking for at the moment is "Aint misbehavin. Also can i ask when recording would you first play your sax part and then record the backing over it? or reverse?? or play along with the backing and record together?Thanks Tom

Chris98

Also can i ask when recording would you first play your sax part and then record the backing over it? or reverse?? or play along with the backing and record together?Thanks Tom
Hi Tom,

Assuming the backing track is one you've downloaded or is from a CD, I would advise you drop that into one of the tracks in the software you are intending to record with (Audacity?).

As you record onto a second track the first (Backing Track) will be played back through your headphones. At the end you will have two tracks, the first is the backing track, the second the recording of the sax. You are then in a position to mix the two tracks together.

I'd certainly advise against (where possible) setting up so that you record the sax and backing track together onto a single track.

I'd also suggest you don't record the sax and then the backing track as you'd need super human timing :w00t:

I hope this helps,

Chris

Micky

Guys
I was just about to start a thread on recording but you have beaten me to it.
What I want to know is whats the best software to use for recording my playing the sax with backing tracks.
When I say best I mean easiest.
The previous guy has mentioned Audacity tell me more
Cheers
Micky

OP
T

tom9437

lol Mickey i am staying out of this i am next to dead when it comes to recording lol I need someone to say use this . do that and away you go. Its not going to happen well not for me that is lol cheers Tom.

Chris98

Guys
I was just about to start a thread on recording but you have beaten me to it.
What I want to know is whats the best software to use for recording my playing the sax with backing tracks.
When I say best I mean easiest.
The previous guy has mentioned Audacity tell me more
Cheers
Micky
Hi Micky,

Audacity is great, it's free and quite sophisticated, certainly more than capable if you want to record your sax along with a backing track.

Here's the link: Audacity

There's a few bits in this thread that might be of interest:
Audacity Again - sorry

As always you need to think about a mic as well and how you intend to get the sound into the computer.

All the best,

Chris

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom