All profit supporting special needs music education and Help Musicians
Tutorials

Backing tracks for alto saxophone

Gallen

Hey everyone!
I'm looking into backing tracks for sale/download online. However, e.g. on Jazzbacks, the track that I want is in the Key of C. How does this work for alto saxophones?

Thanks!

Alvin

Greywolf

For backing tracks, if you can afford it buy an iphone, ipod or ipad. download 'irealbooks'

this will give you about 900 backing tracks which can be transposedinnot any key and also allows you to create your own backing tracks.
The backing includes piano, bass and drums and some reverb, any of which can be selected or deselected. You also have a number of choices of jazz or latin rhythms. An excellent way to go and a lot less hassle than trying to figure out Band in a Box which drove me nuts. An iPod would probably be the cheapest option unless you have, or can get an iPhone on a contract, or you already have an apple mac computer.

Last edited by a moderator:

Gallen

@YC - thanks for the link! Quite illuminating. The chart at the bottom is very convenient indeed for transposing!

@Greywolf - I just checked out that app, it seems really amazing! Sadly, I do not have the required hardware :-/ I've seen BIAB used for transposing as well as Norton Music's http://www.nortonmusic.com/ fake book tracks. No idea how biab works though..

Cheers!

trimmy

One day i will...
Hmmm just been on my iphone looking for irealbooks and no match ?

Two Voices

I was trying to find this App this morning. Now I know why I can't find it! Thanks Sunray ;} I also see that it will be available for us Android users!

Taz

Busking Oracle
Gallen, and everyone else for that matter, if you have "Spotify" look up "Karaoke" tracks. There are thousands to choose from and they're great to play along to!

Saxholder Pro
Help!Mailing List
Top Bottom