All profit supporting special needs music education and Help Musicians
Tutorials

Backing Track

Chris

Well Known
Subscriber
Well it's been a while since I posted any backing tracks. So inspired by " Wade ":thumb: I came up with this http://www.box.com/s/n5iuva2pc7h1g80qey9y It's in Db but don't think like that it only uses two chords, Ebm7 and Fm7.. So anything that works is good. Have fun..

Chris

Wade Cornell

Subscriber
Very cool! Will download and try to put an improv melodic line over it, but need to get through Christmas and a few days after that first. Am having a "orphan's party" for all my muso friends who don't have family here in Auckland. As it's our summer will be BBQ fresh fish with salads and Guacamole. Music will definitely be happening. Since my wife is now visiting her family in England, I'm doing it all on my own so will be quite busy for a while.

Thanks Chris. It's a good simple backing track that leaves lots of room/space and makes some interesting suggestions in terms of style.

Cheers, and happy holidays.

Saxlicker

Hi and Merry Christmas to all.....

After Chris being inspired by Wade, I in turn was inspired to have a crack at this.
Just to put things into perspective, I heard the backing track today shortly after 2 o'clock while the other half and my offspring went to a pantomime ..........(Oh yes they did!!).

With in 15 minutes it was downloaded into garage band and improvised in one take, no edits so its 'warts an all' stuff (other than the added echo). I have played this once and once only.
I'm not up on theory and knowledge its fresh from the soul no preconceived ideas or practise.
So I'd like to thank Chris :thumb: for making me this brave... never before have I picked up the sax and exposed my immediate efforts to the world.
It's out there now..nothing I can do about it:w00t:

I added it to my soundclick page as that seems to be working now.

Thanks for listening! can't wait to hear what other people do with the track.

Chris

Well Known
Subscriber
Sounds a little Trane/Shorteresque with a bit of Charles Lloyd for good measure:mrcool..Very well done Trev:welldone..
Thanks for sharing your ideas:thumb:

Wade Cornell

Subscriber
Nice one saxlicker. Strangely compelling. I think you found the mood of it pretty well. Wonderful to hear you taking up Chris' challenge.

visionari1

Good one Saxlicker,

Shades of Garbarek in there.

Just goes to show, sometimes first take is the best.

Well that's what Miles said about most of the takes in Kind of Blue!

Well done Mate!

Wade Cornell

Subscriber
Nice one Chris. You're taking good advantage of the atmospherics you created in your backing track. Good work.

Clivey

Wow Chris .. That backing track is very pro. I`m tempted but I am still away from most of my horns at the mo.

If it`s not too personal. Can I ask how you went about composing the track and what you used in the way of software.>:)

I more or less always use Reason ( trade secrert alert ) now and only sometimes BIAB if it is for practice purposes.

It would be superbrill if the Boss or one of the other Pro players did a Masterclass over something along the lines of this backing track. Here`s hoping;}

P.S just fired up the old Flute but had to give up as our Moggies were not impressed.

Last edited by a moderator:

Chris

Well Known
Subscriber
Wow Chris .. That backing track is very pro. I`m tempted but I am still away from most of my horns at the mo.

It would be superbrill if the Boss or one of the other Pro players did a Masterclass over something along the lines of this backing track. Here`s hoping;}

Hey Clivey, we all live in hope but it would be kinda good;}, sort of this is what you can do:mrcool..and ths is how to do it;}..

Chris

Well Known
Subscriber
It was fun to play over something that didn't have loads of chords and key changes..

Clivey

Well heres my pretty guff attempt. I found it a lot harder than I thought it would be to keep the improvisation developing and this was my 3rd take as well.

I enjoyed playing it so I thought it only right to let you guys listen it full acne and all :)))

Ooops the tune as at the top of my space page.

see link

Chris

Well Known
Subscriber
Clivey, nice one:thumb:, really liked that:welldone.The improv developed well with some good ideas:mrcool. 3 versions and all different, wonder what will be next??

Chris

Well Known
Subscriber
Hi Wade, well worth waiting for:welldone, clever and moody:mrcool, with more than a hint of " Harlem Nocturne" feel:mrcool..

Chris

Happy New Year:cheers:

Wade Cornell

Subscriber
Thanks Chris. Glad you liked it. Wondered if anyone would pick up on the Harlem Nocturne quote. Well done.

Saxholder Pro
Help!Mailing List
Top Bottom