support Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces

Flutes etc. Bach Flute sonata in Gm (arr. for sax by John Harle) Piano Track?

flamingoer

Locality
london
Does such a thing exist. Playing to the Flute recording is OK but I'd love to hear the piano alone.
Any ideas?

Does such a thing exist. Playing to the Flute recording is OK but I'd love to hear the piano alone.
Any ideas?

I found the midi files {3 Movts} it on the the net. BVW 1020
Witten by CPE.BACH
Let me know the Temi for each Movt. you would like, i can convert to wav for you.
and you can download from sound cloud.

I bought and downloaded the track(s) from http://www.youronlinepianist.com/store/abrsm-e1/alto-and-baritone-saxophone-i44/grade-7-g110/. You can get them both with and without the melody line. You need to look in the Grade 8 listing for Movements 2 & 3.

Cheers

Last edited:
Hi Jamesmac
How brilliant of you! My CD is attributed to JS Bach but there is strong movement in favour
of CPE - I think we'e safe with John Harle.
The tempi are 96 bpm for 1st movement
56 bpm for 2nd movement
104 bpm for 3rd movement.
I'm really knocked out that there are people willing to go to so much troudle.
That's the Cafe for you I suppose..
Many thanks.

Thanks Amanda,
looks like there are options.
If I'm not careful I'll have start practising instead of searching.

Yes, that's absolutely fine for the 2nd movement. Really grateful. So very useful. And you're right, it could be that the Nine Eight isn't that easy..There's always Brubeck and his 11/4.

Great stuff, Jamesmac That is fantastic!! They all work beautifully. I am so pleased. Thank you very much indeed.

9/8 is just three triplet beats to a bar. Unless it's very slow, count it in three, not 9.

9/8 is just three triplet beats to a bar. Unless it's very slow, count it in three, not 9.

Yes I think we understand how to count the beats when playing in 9/8. The issue is how the DAW perceives the count. The DAW will calculate the BPM as 2 quavers as a single beat. As there are 3 quavers to each beat in compound time ie. 3/8...6/8...9/8...etc. the BPM figure will need to be adjusted accordingly.

As ter bee CPE don't it.

He worz the Lundun Bach an lived in Croydon, didenee?