support Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces
  • Eligibility to post classifieds

The Yardsale is not intended for use by people joining the forum purely to sell an item, so members must have at least 40 posts to be eligible. However new members may post if they either:

• upgraded their account with an annual (not monthly) subscription. This is for access to sell without needing the 40 posts and the contribution after a successful sale still applies.
    • or pay the 5% contribution on the initial listing price up front (non refundable) then a listing will be allowed.

In either case please contact us if you are not yet able to posts

B and S Soprano serial 5xxx £500 ONO

Yanno

Locality
Woodbridge, Suffolk
Hi,

For sale is a B and S Soprano Saxophone I recently acquired,

The serial number suggests it was made around the 90's by guess, having taken information from the cybersax.com website where there currently two listed at $1400 each.
The serial is 5xxx and the one on cybersax.com is 3xxx which is dated as '75/'80, so im presuming here- I'd love to find out how old it actually is, but judging by the pictures on their website, it looks exactly the same (the lacquer with silver key work)

It has a very fine quality build about it, with no tarnish or scratches to the plating or visible dents, the previous owner must have looked after the sax well!
The only downside is one of the pillers that regulates the Bb key is slightly out of line which makes getting bottom Bb out a bit of a pain. This has also made the E slightly unresponsive. This can be easily mended by a local repairer, with a good clean up also I think you'd be on to a winner here... I have temporarily remedied the problem with a cable tie but am not confident enough to bend it back myself, best be left to an expert.
The pads are all intact and seal well, it has a wonderful tone about it even with the stock mouthpiece that came with it.

The reason im selling this Sop. is that I am a classical Clarinet player currently studying at Music College and need the funds to invest in a new pair of Clarinets. I also spend to much time playing Alto and Tenor Sax so the Sop has become un-used.

It comes supplied with a brand new TKL padded gig bag, perfect and lightweight for transporting it around, and a stock mouthpiece and metal Lig.

Photos can be sent on request and postage will be calculated or can be collected,
Cash on collection or payment via paypal. Cant really trust the post with cheques after a few mishaps before...
Although the price stated is £500, I am willing to accept a reasonable offer.
Although it's advertised elsewhere, if sold here a donation will be made to Pete.

Feel free to email me with any questions and thanks for looking!

Regards.

I hope this sells. If I had some money I'd be very interested. Is it a straight or curvy?

Thanks, and its a straight example. Didn't know B and S made curvy sops?

B & S? Translation please for this ignoramus

Blechblas und Signalinstrumentenfabrik, im sure people on the forum can vouch for them being a reputable if not illusive brand!
I was dubious prior to purchasing the sop as I've dealt with some dud brands before however I really admire the sturdy construction of this sop.

It's a long story, but pre WWII there was a huge instrument building area spread between Markneukirchen in Germany and Graslitz in Czechoslovakia. Many woodwind makers, but also brass, strings, guitars, accordians etc. For us Makes like Keilwerth, Kohlert and many others. Pre WWII saxes from this area were as good as the more famous US brands (and some US brands were stencils from there, as were many saxes sold in the UK and France).

B&S was the end result of the nationalisation and merger of the German brass and woodwind makers centered around Markneukirchen in East Germany, while Amati was the end result of the nationalised and merged Czech makers centered around Graslitz (Kraslice in Czech).

B&S produced many saxes, many of which were sold as stencils by other makers. Some were high end - e.g. the Dave Guardala models, and the 'Blue label' B&S saxes are well thought if in Germany, even if they're not so well liked outside of here. Weltklang is probably their most well know own brand, although it dates to an earlier pre B&S period.

Someone is in for a bargain- £370!

Hey,
Ill PM you with images when I get back to Leeds on Saturday where the Sop currently is.
Yan

Hi,
Sorry ive been so lazy and forgot to photograph the sop. It's still available to anyone thats interested. Just PM me
Yan

Negotiation under way- soon to be sold, thanks for all the interest!

Back
Top Bottom