support Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces

Exciting News! Autumn Meet Anyone?

Jeanette

Organizress
Cafe Moderator
Café Supporter
When we announced the two meets @QWales suggested we might like to hold one in Cardiff. His employers Atradius have kindly offered us the use of some meeting rooms in their offices in Cardiff Bay. I visited them in April and met the building services manager who is keen to support employees interests and liked the idea of the cafe holding a meet at the offices.

There were two small conditions, one being that if we are serving food we use their on site caterers and the second that we make a small donation to their two charities of the year. I will have to confirm the charities but one I think was in respect of children's cancer.

I have been discussing this with Aldevis and we are both keen if possible to make this a slightly different event to the previous two. We would like to try and get some suppliers of instruments and sax related stuff and possibly a tech or two there. We are thinking of perhaps shorter workshops with possibly more than Aldevis running them. The premises are bigger than the last two locations and we would have 3 meeting rooms and a large communal area we could occupy plus the entrance which has possibilities too.

We are in a catch twenty two situation in that if we start talking to suppliers they may want to know numbers attending before committing and obviously members will want to know who is attending before booking.

So in time honoured tradition I have set a little poll to gauge interest here first, If you select answer 2 3 or 4 please post additional detail in the thread. :)

Please feel free to post any comments and suggestions, if you are a tech, supplier or teacher and interested in getting involved please post on the thread or PC me.

Once we know numbers and levels of interest and what you want out of it we will put a programme together.

Facts so far:

It will be held sometime Mid Sept - Mid Nov

It will most likely be a Sunday but I will probably be there from Saturday so we could have a social evening beforehand. There are lots of nice bars restaurants and hotels in the Bay area.

We have to vacate the building by 6.00 but we can have it all day.

On site car parking will be available.

Cost will be kept as low as possible but will be determined when we have numbers but is unlikely to be less than the previous two but will include lunch and refreshments throughout the day.

Numbers will be limited, yet to be determined.

We may open it up to local non members

If I think of anything else I will post again :)

Jx

PS @c9off consider this a personal invite ;) xx

Route into the Atradius. M4 J33 is the only route in town believe me, don't try anything else, you'll just end up wading through Cardiff. Like I did.

Attachments

• Atradius route.jpg
    Atradius route.jpg
    79.9 KB · Views: 101
Would like to, but had to change my vote from #1 to #6 when I saw that it was a Sunday.

( Brum to Cardiff by train looks like they don't start early enough to get there for any reasonable time, and the earliest one has to change at Bristol. )

Sounds good to me, overnight stay me thinks !

Would like to, but had to change my vote from #1 to #6 when I saw that it was a Sunday.

( Brum to Cardiff by train looks like they don't start early enough to get there for any reasonable time, and the earliest one has to change at Bristol. )
Don't be disheartened, I'm sure shared travel can be arranged :thumb:

If I am able to go, I will be driving Malvern to Cardiff - can pick up en route - Malvern or Hereford?

@Jeanette would this be a good reason to consider a Saturday?

Careful - he means travel down in his taxi and you pay the fare on the meter.
Damn i've been rumbled !!

@trimmy and @Hallelujahal

Don't want to put you on the spot PC me if you like but is there anything specific you want to know about before saying yes?

Jx
I would just like it to be a bit more clearer as to what the agenda would be
ie:- Impro (morning)
Ensemble (afternoon)

Even having a bit of homework beforehand !

Last edited:
Damn i've been rumbled !!

I would just like it to be a bit more clearer as to what the agenda would be
ie:- Impro (morning)
Ensemble (afternoon)

Even having a bit of homework beforehand !

What would you like to see on the programme :)

We are thinking of shorter sessions and perhaps having other tutors involved. So people can choose what they do.

Jx

What would you like to see on the programme :)

We are thinking of shorter sessions and perhaps having other tutors involved. Perhaps so people can choose what they do.

Jx
I think working in a small group (at varying levels) would be good.
Shorter sessions would be good too, as would help from the more experienced players.

I think it would be good to have something to aim for ie learning a tune with the intention of performing with others at the end !

I think working in a small group (at varying levels) would be good.
Shorter sessions would be good too, as would help from the more experienced players.

I think it would be good to have something to aim for ie learning a tune with the intention of performing with others at the end !

The atrium would lend its self to a performance at the end, great acoustics but work for @aldevis in advance of meet?

Jx