All profit supporting special needs music education and Help Musicians
SYOS

August BOTM - 'Emily'

OP
c9off

c9off

Locality
London SE/Kent & Rickinghall
Thanks again Clivey, hope you got a season ticket for the library?!

jimmylh

Locality
Warner Robins, Georgia USA
I didn't practice it, but figured I'd give it a shot anyhow.

Emily: https://app.box.com/s/3cwobv5ybjo9xzt80ovqinh0ej5o74my

Last edited:

AlanT

Locality
Mechanic Falls, Maine
As I was enjoying the fine versions posted here I though you know I think I've done this one before and started digging through my old recordings and found this lazy version I did in 2010 : https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/5305840/Emily.mp3

Last edited:
OP
c9off

c9off

Locality
Thanks Alan, I too have an old recording from about then, I'm afraid to roll it out for the lack of progress I haven't made :-(

Marcello

Locality
Anderson, South Carolina
Did a quick and dirty take of this for me unknown tune during my last recording session. My reading sucks and I wasn't fully sure how to correctly play the head (not knowing how it should sound!), but here is my take anyhow:

- 'Emily' (Florida no USA 10* - Plasticover 2):
http://soundclick.com/share.cfm?id=13190385
No surprises... Always a great listening after the click...
Well done..!
Cheers, Marcello

Chris

Well Known
Subscriber
Locality
Manchester,England
It's been a great month as always guys. Some really good versions of this lovely ballad, there really isn't enough jazz in 3/4. @c9off has been a great host keeping us on our toes, big thanks to him:thumb: Big thanks from me to you guys for keeping the BOTM thread going so strongly:thumb:. Next months ballad and host have been picked, no clues from me though:)

Chris..

OP
c9off

c9off

Locality
Thanks to all who have posted recordings, and to everyone that support the thread with views, especially if like me, you use the continually diverse changing themes for monthly practice in the background.

As mentioned before the BOTM threads never close, so feel free to add at any time in the future! Meanwhile I welcome in the next host, someone who has been around the forum since the very early days, having always enjoyed his contributions, I give you.........

MLoosemore

Deluded Senior Member...
Locality
Spalding Lincs
The September Song is eagerly awaited... Off on my travels to Mexico for three weeks at the weekend so my offering may not make it until October.

OP
c9off

c9off

Locality
Great that you joined in - you're not late, think of it as reminding us all that this, and all the others are just waiting to be visited, or re-visited, if new ideas have developed!

much appreciated Marcello!!

Saxholder Pro

Members OnlineStatistics

• Members online

• Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sini Sax
Help!Mailing List
Top Bottom
test6