All profit supporting special needs music education and Help Musicians
Tutorials

August BOTM - 'Emily'

Colin the Bear

Lucky find in BiaB. The style is marked Jazz waltz with nylon guitar. Turns out to be no guitar and a nice piano.

Colin the Bear

Why we doing this in C? I've just been trying to borrow some licks off Mr Desmond and he's in Eb. I'm off to do a bit of transposing.:cool:

c9off

Great stuff Colin -

Key was as found in biab file - guess the same as yours? Any key you fancy...

I'm looking forward to how this will evolve!

jbtsax

Subscriber
Why we doing this in C? I've just been trying to borrow some licks off Mr Desmond and he's in Eb. I'm off to do a bit of transposing.:cool:
You might want to check post 11. The version from the album Summertime has the melody in Eb concert which is C for the alto. That is the key I put the waltz accompaniment in as well. There are also some nice melodic ideas in the solo transcription in one of the links.

Colin the Bear

Senior moment. Just cos I've read it doesn't mean I remember reading it. Doh!

I'm having bother getting stuff to download too.

Guenne

Hi,

in Austria, we don't waltz :)

I admit, the BiaB Bossa-track is not very inspiring, but it's a nice Mark VI :)

One question about streaming "wav" from Box...:
If streamed, it it mp3, right? I feel the quality is not very good, streaming my already compressed files from Dropbox sounds better.

Emily wav AppBox
Emily mp3 Dropbox

Cheers, Guenne

Last edited:

c9off

Agree about the backing, appreciate you giving it a go though.

Regarding the different sources, initially on a laptop (!) the .wav may have more clarity, I'll listen on monitors then headphones later & report back if my feeble ear can really detect a difference..

Colin the Bear

Audacity will change the key of the backing for you. It gets pretty distorted if you move more than a tone or so but a semitone from D to Eb should sound ok.

Saxholder Pro

Staff online

Help!Mailing List
Top Bottom