support Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces

Recording Audacity question please!

Melissa

I have downloaded Audacity.. yayyy!:clapping::clapping:

Mmm, lots of buttons n stuff, I was wondering, I am trying to get a backing track, I downloaded a tune off the Utube and opened it up in Audacity to see if I could take the instruments out- and just leave in the backing.. am I being silly or is it possibe?

If not with Audacity, can it be done with any other software.. Or Taz..:hug: do you have a backing for "Something Stupid" plain and simple.

I am doing this for a reason- obviously- to use but also I have something for you all and need the backing for it.;)

Thanks everyone :thanks3:

Thanks for enlightening me Taz!
Sorry if it was a silly question, once upon a time I used to mess around with Acid Pro so was not sure what you could or could not do with it.. I kind of miss that software!

I have got my backing track on my pc now, however, ideally I wanted to add it to some lyrics-like they do on you tube in karaoke style, any ideas anyone?

I suppose I can upload it to soundcloud? and just paste the lyrics on the Cafe'? am I allowed to do that? Help! Please!

Hi Mel, your bt is one track, add a second to record your vocals, a third for sax and so on. I hope I've understood correctly what your aim is. You the export, bounce or save as away. MP3 etc. I don't use Audacity but I'd think it's the same as other DAWs :)

Oh scratch that, do you mean add visual lyrics? In that case, I don't have a clue. Sorry :(

I have got my backing track on my pc now, however, ideally I wanted to add it to some lyrics-like they do on you tube in karaoke style, any ideas anyone?

I suppose I can upload it to soundcloud? and just paste the lyrics on the Cafe'? am I allowed to do that? Help! Please!

That's interesting I always wondered how they put together that karaoke stuff with the words and music running together in time any one know how it's done ......John

Use some 'Video' production software, backing track and sax on different tracks, then add text lyrics sync'd to the music.
'Sony Vegas' do a couple of versions of software the cheaper one isn't to bad price wise. Upload the finished video to youtube.

Chris..

Hi Mel, your bt is one track, add a second to record your vocals, a third for sax and so on. I hope I've understood correctly what your aim is. You the export, bounce or save as away. MP3 etc. I don't use Audacity but I'd think it's the same as other DAWs :)

Sorry Sue, that went right over my head..I am a total technophobe!:oops::D

Use some 'Video' production software, backing track and sax on different tracks, then add text lyrics sync'd to the music.
'Sony Vegas' do a couple of versions of software the cheaper one isn't to bad price wise. Upload the finished video to youtube.

Chris..

Oh, that technical! I don't know if I am up to that, I did once put up a video with a tune and a photo gallery on the youtube, but they no longer have this software available, I cannot remember what it was called, cost me around £5.00 to make it though...

So, I downloaded Audacity earlier, and recorded my first impro (yes, it's bad, but hey) with the 'Slinky' backing track, and managed to save it as an MP3, but how do I then share it on here? It greys out when I want to upload it as a file, or media.

The way I did it was to get a Soundcloud account and upload my recordings there. Then all you have to do is select share and it gives you a link. Copy that link, come to the Cafe, click on "media" (looks like 2 old film strips) and paste. Everything I know about this stuff I learned at CafeSaxophone. What a wonderful resource.

The way I did it was to get a Soundcloud account and upload my recordings there. Then all you have to do is select share and it gives you a link. Copy that link, come to the Cafe, click on "media" (looks like 2 old film strips) and paste. Everything I know about this stuff I learned at CafeSaxophone. What a wonderful resource.

There is NO way I'd put what I just did in public on Soundcloud, I'd only dare to show it here, as it's my first. There must be another way....

There is NO way I'd put what I just did in public on Soundcloud, I'd only dare to show it here, as it's my first. There must be another way....
You don't have to make it public. You can set your Soundcloud tracks as Private, and "share only with people who have the link" then copy the link and paste it here. I don't know how many of the Cafe Forums are public, but some Forums are members only. Share it in one of those if you'd rather not share the link publicly.

You don't have to make it public. You can set your Soundcloud tracks as Private, and "share only with people who have the link" then copy the link and paste it here. I don't know how many of the Cafe Forums are public, but some Forums are members only. Share it in one of those if you'd rather not share the link publicly.
That's so helpful, thank you, Mandy, ok ..

This update on this thread has made me realise I must have another go at recording, I haven't tried it for ages.I will have to start from scratch though as we now have a Mac as opposed to the PC, I suppose you can get audacity for a Mac,must get stuck in

That's so helpful, thank you, Mandy, ok ..

:old: I think most if not all forums are now public ...

Best way for you to check is to first log out, then clear your browser cashe and once done try your chosen clicking forum link(s) to see if you gain access to read what is within ...

Hope that helps ... :thumb: