SYOS
Resource icon

Audacity photo tutorial

Taz

Busking Oracle
Taz submitted a new resource:

Audacity photo tutorial - Quickstart guide to the free recording software

I don't know if this will help or hinder people trying to use Audacity, but here is a photo list of how to do it.

First open Audacity, then go to File in the top left hand corner

Then drop down to Import and slide across to Audio...
Read more about this resource...

Sunray

Hey Taz ...

Just a Heads Up ... :)

Just had another look at your Audacity Photo Tutorial Resource - All the Photo Links are broken ...
[Says you deleted or moved the images mate] ...

OP
Taz

Taz

Busking Oracle
Ooops, sorry my fault, I tidied up my Photobucket account and I put them all in a folder, I presume the addresses have changed. I'm on the case ;)

David Dorning

Subscriber
Taz submitted a new resource:

Audacity photo tutorial - Quickstart guide to the free recording software

Read more about this resource...
Thanks Taz, coincidentally I downloaded Audacity yesterday then found this guide. It's pretty easy and intuitive software, pretty good for a free download and I think easier to use than Cakewalk which I had previously used, which came bundled with a microphone. Unlike Cakewalk, Audacity doesn't suddenly slow down mid-take, which is a definite advantage!

Colin the Bear

Thanks Taz, coincidentally I downloaded Audacity yesterday then found this guide. It's pretty easy and intuitive software, pretty good for a free download and I think easier to use than Cakewalk which I had previously used, which came bundled with a microphone. Unlike Cakewalk, Audacity doesn't suddenly slow down mid-take, which is a definite advantage!
There's some useful plug ins for audacity for reverb, compression etc.

http://cafesaxophone.com/community/threads/usb-microphones.8691/

Check out post 24

Jeanette

Organizress
Cafe Moderator
@Taz this is brilliant I've got the tracks in to audacity I now need a step by step dummy guide on how to tell it to use my Zoom as a mic :)

Jx

Rob Pealing

sax in a kayak (apprentice sax tamer)
Subscriber
This afternoon just to see what would happen I tried to open a YouTube MP4 or FLV with Audacity,
Low and behold up popped instructions on how to get Audacity to load and extract the audio from an MP4 or FLV, it was easy providing you read the instructions carefully.
I have Audacity 2.06, the instructions are different for earlier versions, but why not simply run the most recent.

Jeanette

Organizress
Cafe Moderator
Brilliant thanks again Jeanette. Did you get a reply to your last post here as I can imagine posting the same comment on Thursday evening when I give it my first attempt?
No but see the drop down menu top rightish where it says microphone, as long as the Zoom is connected to the pc first before loading audacity it usually picks it up and you can select it from the dropdown. :) If not choose Transport, rescan audio devices. Sometimes I have to reload audacity a couple of times to pick it up.

upload_2016-1-5_21-37-20.png

Top Bottom