support Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces

Recording Audacity - Change key

Tommy Ng

Locality
South Yorkshire
Hi

I am having a problem to change key (pitch) using Audacity. It is OK to change the key of MP3 files but then it produces too much noise (loud bass), even if i change the key to a higher pitch.

Wonder if this is a common problem? :confused:

I can't say I've noticed it, but then I only tend to shift pitch a tone at the most.
You might try applying some EQ before or after you shift the pitch. You should have an EQ filter built in, but if not you can download one as a plug-in.

Regards,

:)
I can't say I've noticed it, but then I only tend to shift pitch a tone at the most.
You might try applying some EQ before or after you shift the pitch. You should have an EQ filter built in, but if not you can download one as a plug-in.

Regards,

Hi Stephen

There is EQ in Audacity but i don't know how to use it. :(

The problem exists even with a semitone shift.

I will look at the EQ stuff and see if i can get something from there...

:)

Never had any problems with windows. Had a similar problem with my Mac until latest version seemed to cure all in fact have just changed pitch down 3 semitones for the Aebersold Autumn leaves for a workshop with no problems at all.

Never had any problems with windows. Had a similar problem with my Mac until latest version seemed to cure all in fact have just changed pitch down 3 semitones for the Aebersold Autumn leaves for a workshop with no problems at all.

Hi AL

May i know which software you use?? :sax:

audacity

Hi used Version 1.3.10 Beta this is for Mac not sure whether there is a similar Windows version.

Back
Top Bottom