All fees from subs and sales are given to special needs music education charities
SYOS

Audacity and bluetooth

David Dorning

Subscriber
I'm thinking of getting a bluetooth headphone for use with Audacity. With a plug-in the headphone lead is forever getting tangled, so the idea is to hear the backing track through the headset via bluetooth and have freedom of movement, while recording through a USB mic. Has anyone tried this? I have seen reports about Audacity causing bluetooth to freeze, but these were some years ago, and I'm not sure if the current version has the bug fixed.

U CAN CALL ME AL

Subscriber
Tried this. No problems with freezing (iMac) but had very frustrating inconsistent latency problems. Now use old fashioned infra-red cordless headphones (much cheaper) plugged into an audio output, it needs another socket for yet another transformer but have had no problems since.

Taz

Busking Oracle
I just use normal cans with a long lead that I keep tucked in my belt. It works a treat and doesn't get caught on anything and if it does then it just pulls the loop of lead out of my belt causing no issues at all.

Ivan

Undecided
Subscriber
Infrared looks tempting but the technology is now pretty much limited to in-car use so the transmitter is powered by a cigarette lighter plug....

I use a USB audio interface

So to use bluetooth headphones I suppose I'd have to plug some sort of bluetooth transmitter into the audiojack output.... dunno if that would cause latency issues

Saxholder Pro

Members OnlineStatistics

Help!

Latest posts

Top Bottom