All profit supporting special needs music education and Help Musicians
Tutorials

At one with nature.

Taz

Busking Oracle
I'm camping in the Netherlands at the moment, it's a very civilised affair in a caravan, not under canvas. On Tuesday however, we had a problem, when there was a sudden gust of wind which caught under the awning and whipped it up and over the caravans roof! The awning is a write off but luckily the caravan only sustained light scratching and a few minor dents.
I was somewhat miffed (thats the polite forum version Kev;}) and decided to take myself off into the woods with my sax to see if I could de-stress a little.
Well, the woods here are magnificent! With mighty oaks, beech, birch and pines. They are well managed by the forestry commission, who clear a lot of the undergrowth and maintain the pathways allowing the trees to grow to their fullest. Where we are, there is a little valley with a small babbling brook that runs through the middle and a wooden bridge spans the gap. It's really very beautiful.
The woods are used by dog walkers and horse riders, but you don't see many people using them. I wandered down to the brook and stood near to the bridge and started to play. Now I'm not one for free jazz, I prefer to play tunes that I know, but this time I just let my emotions flow! I was playing arpeggios and scales and spirals and swirls that probably have a technical name that I don't know. Long haunting notes that echoed around the forest, minor scales that slipped into major scales. I've never felt so free!
I managed to totally remove any stress that had built up earlier in the day and when I walked back to camp, it was with a lifted soul!
I may just try it again someday!

Chris

Well Known
Subscriber
It's funny what being free can do to a person:welldone Plus it's cheaper than getting drunk:thumb:.
Perhaps it could lead you down a new musical path:mrcool

Chris

Andrew Sanders

Northern Commissioner for Caslm
Poetry,man, poetry. Last time I did that I was suddenly surrounded by cows. Bit scary this nature.
You should read The Prelude by Wordsworth. Full of the power of nature having great influence on a young man's inner moral life.
Kaftans all round.

kevgermany

ex Landrover Nut
Subscriber
Taz, spoken like a true musician! Play your feelings - at's everything about music. All the rest is technicalities.

Jeanette

Organizress
Cafe Moderator
Great post, glad you de stressed. :happydance:

Friends of ours had a similar experience with a motor home wind out awning, unfortunately as these are bolted to the side of the van considerable damage was done to the van. :(

Jx

dooce

You must have found Zen-like inner peace.

Or de-transposition.

:)

TomMapfumo

I have a lovely mental image of Taz, the Abominable Saxman, haunting the local forests...........................

dave 645

Sounds like you're enjoying the Netherlands. My wife is from a small town north of Amsterdam, lots of farmland and nature all around, it's a refreshing place to visit!! Enjoy and thanks for sharing.

allansto

Funny you write this post.
I was walking in the bush the other day and I had a thought about doing the exact same thing
sometime.
Im glad to hear some one actually has.
How was the sound and did you get any echo??????????
I will definatly be trying this one day soon.

Saxholder Pro
Help!Mailing List
Top Bottom