All profit supporting   special needs music

As Time Goes By - BOTM September 2020

nigeld

nigeld

Too many mouthpieces
Café Supporter
Locality
Bristol, UK

And a very good third try too! Nice to hear singing.

It certainly ended with a bang! o_O That'll keep the audience awake.
I don't understand why the makers of BIAB haven't fixed the way it does repeats and endings, and the awful user interface. It's not as if the software is cheap.

I don't understand why the makers of BIAB haven't fixed the way it does repeats and endings, and the awful user interface. It's not as if the software is cheap.
I know! I tried about ten variations, generate ending, don't generate ending, 2-bar, different tags, in most cases it plays the fifth as the last chord, you can't even get the final Maj7 th or whatever. This case, it's a "hold chord". What part of HOLD did you not understand? It plays a shot. Other variations, it misses the cue and plays an extra bar or two of the tonic. I'm sure you've experienced most of these, too.

nigeld

nigeld

Too many mouthpieces
Café Supporter
Locality
Bristol, UK
I've got a method that works most of the time, and I don't try anything else - too frustrating.

nigeld

nigeld

Too many mouthpieces
Café Supporter
Locality
Bristol, UK
Do share !

Rhys

Suppose the structure of the piece is like this:
4-bar intro
then bars 5-36 repeated, with bars 35 and 36 as first-time bars and with two second-time bars at the end.

The trick is to put the BIAB tag jump two bars early at the end of bar 32, instead of at the end of bar 34.

Repeat bars 5-36
Song settings:
  • Tag exists
  • Tag jump after bar 32
  • Tag begins at bar 37
  • Tag ends after bar 38
  • Generate 2-bar ending
  • Don't use 4-bar ending for Realtracks
  • Start the ending 2 bars early

Then repeat the chords from bars 33 and 34 in bars 37 and 38 at the beginning of the tag and put the final two (second time) bars as bars 39 and 40.

So essentially what we have done in BIAB is to make the last 4 bars into first-time bars, instead of the last 2.

nigeld

nigeld

Too many mouthpieces
Café Supporter
Locality
Bristol, UK
We've reached the end of the month, so many thanks to all the contributors.
There's a great ballad coming next month.
As usual, this thread will remain open, and late-comers are very welcome.

Colin the Bear

Colin the Bear

Locality
Burnley bb9 9dn
Number of bars matters to get a decent ending in biab. Where you start and end the tag. Four bar ending for real tracks. Adding one bar can sometimes correct it. Like all programmes, it does exactly what you tell it and like most blokes we refuse to read the instructions. As if I would understand them any how.

Popular Discussions

Top Bottom