All profit supporting   special needs music

As Time Goes By - BOTM September 2020

nigeld

nigeld

Too many mouthpieces
Café Supporter
Locality
Bristol, UK
Here's my effort on Soprano. Have a great Sunday afternoon!

Thanks for that one. You've still got the alto version to go! >:)
I think that on the whole I like your tenor version best so far, but I think that's partly because the song seems to suit tenor.

nigeld

nigeld

Too many mouthpieces
Café Supporter
Locality
Bristol, UK
malteof

malteof

Grew a beard, shaved it off, growing my hair
Locality
Zurich, Switzerland
That sounds great. Well played.
Tell us about your new recording setup.

Thank you! I'm using an AKG C214 microphone through a Focusrite Scarlett Solo 3rd gen, which is the same as I've had for a while besides getting the latest Focusrite, however I now also have the below booth from Studiobricks. I was getting some really harsh upper sounds in the upper register before I installed a bunch of new absorbers and the bass trap, now I think it sounds pretty much like I want it to. @Mark Hancock has been helpful in sharing his own experience with how to set up a practice booth ;)

I've definitely spent a lot more time getting the booth ready than playing, but now that it's good I'll have more time for the sax :)

20200923 163355

Mark Hancock

Mark Hancock

Café Supporter
Locality
Zurich
Mark Hancock

Mark Hancock

Café Supporter
Locality
Zurich
Thank you! I'm using an AKG C214 microphone through a Focusrite Scarlett Solo 3rd gen, which is the same as I've had for a while besides getting the latest Focusrite, however I now also have the below booth from Studiobricks. I was getting some really harsh upper sounds in the upper register before I installed a bunch of new absorbers and the bass trap, now I think it sounds pretty much like I want it to. @Mark Hancock has been helpful in sharing his own experience with how to set up a practice booth ;)

I've definitely spent a lot more time getting the booth ready than playing, but now that it's good I'll have more time for the sax :)

View attachment 15656
It looks awesome - I want one!

Popular Discussions

Top Bottom