All profit supporting special needs music education and Help Musicians

Misc, Other As a treat for Ian!

Andrew Sanders

Northern Commissioner for Caslm
Locality
Ilkley West Yorkshire
Saw him play this at The Irish Club in Leeds. Just unbelievable.
Thanks Fraser.

thesaxman71

NOW you see why i like his playing, a monster, inspiration and technique master with a really bright sound that really does it for me, not into fluffy stuffy tenor and i like a tenor with a clean crispness and edge and he had it in bucket loads. R.I.P. to Mr.B.

daveysaxboy

Big ruff Geordie bendy metal blower
Have to admit, Ive never bothered to listen to Brecker before I accidentally saw this the other day, but wow what a player and what control! this is were I want to be at! https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=BaYbuut16oU

Saw him a few times and even shook his big hand, he was over 6 feet 5'' tall. The best was in Glasgow with Mcoy tyner ,WOWWWW they done a wedge of Cltrane tunes, scary it was. There will never be anyone better on a horn than him. I have my fave guys of course but for shear explosive skill, style and what he done no 1 I mean 1 will better him. No could. He was not human.

daveysaxboy

Big ruff Geordie bendy metal blower
NOW you see why i like his playing, a monster, inspiration and technique master with a really bright sound that really does it for me, not into fluffy stuffy tenor and i like a tenor with a clean crispness and edge and he had it in bucket loads. R.I.P. to Mr.B.

I hear you about edge and he of course had a modern sound but I never thought him as bright, more medium bright if that makes sense. Seeing him live a few times I was god smacked at how big,full and soooo fat his tone was , yea with edge but not bright I found. His palm key notes are very fat sounding.

thesaxman71

I hear you about edge and he of course had a modern sound but I never thought him as bright, more medium bright if that makes sense. Seeing him live a few times I was god smacked at how big,full and soooo fat his tone was , yea with edge but not bright I found. His palm key notes are very fat sounding.
bright with edge and full, total monster, you seen him play a few times me too,and WOW what a monster, he had it all, bright, power, warmth. that gig made him my hero.
long live the genius of MB, r.i.p. a sax genius.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ivan

Undecided
Café Supporter
Locality
Peeblesshire
It's like peering into a different galaxy, beautiful but unatainable

Members online

Popular Discussions

London
Paris
New York