support Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces

Saxophones Arta Guban :

Adrian63

Locality
United Kingdom
Afternoon all : hope everybody is good .
So I just picked up the Arta Guban from my new tech : it blows just fabulous...
Who would have thought it : it's been lying around with no case for at least three years; unloved : uncared for and almost unwanted...I was going to throw it in the skip . I've been in a slight quandary as to which of my tenors I'm going to hold back as selling time approaches . Sorted and who would have thought it would be this one out of the four.
My new tech is going on an advanced course for a week . Not sure who they are exactly but it's being run by a couple of uber techs charging a hefty fee for the course apparently. He said he needed some horns to take in and work on...perfect !! Hes taking the truetone and the XX Century for a full seeing too . Also he's charging me very little as I'm helping him out by providing his workload...fine by me .
So yeah the Guban wins the day . A free free blow ; simple tenor ; nice engraving ; good job I didn't bin it eh !!
Look out for the others on the Yardsale sometime soon :
Meantime have a great day...
Man : look at that rain !!

Afternoon all : hope everybody is good .
So I just picked up the Arta Guban from my new tech : it blows just fabulous...

Pictures, sound clips?

I need to finish my Arta Guban Alto. It's didn't sound bad before I took it apart. Pads were ok. But the action was terrible. Needed a good clean and lube job. But then I went on and de-lacquered it. I started working on it in april/may as our lockdown ended.

IMG_20200924_135449793.jpg

I think it's time to complete the job... And see how it really plays.

Hi @saxyjt ; hope its all good with you man..
Yeah ; same brace ; same engraving ; rh bell keys have you got a serial number to compare..even though mines a tenor it's 8578 ( right up top )...
May be of no comparison but..

Mine is 7527, engraved on the neck and tenon.

Cool report ! I love stories where folks actually cared enough to return a horn to top shape.

Cool report ! I love stories where folks actually cared enough to return a horn to top shape.

I caught the bug early on in my sax journey. It's like a disease... I sold my YAS275 without looking back as it never really needed any work! :oops:

It doesn't mean I'm enamoured with horns that need constant attention though... ;)

I still have a lot to learn in every department related to sax. That's cool!

Back
Top Bottom