Can ship anywhere
See shipping notes
Shipping Included
See shipping notes
Amount paid to Cafe Fundraising
5%
Allow chat and/or off topic posts
Yes
I have an Arta Guban Romanian alto sax for sale. It's in remarkably nice cosmetic condition mostly, but requires some attention as the upper register is playing about a semi tone out. It probably needs a service and certainly a new neck cork, which will put most of these things right with it. It does have its original red leather pads, which I guess are quite old. I considered making this in to a lamp, but feel it is just too wrong and it actually has some real potential. My first ever sax was an Arta Guban tenor and it had a lovely sound. It was very typical of those Eastern European saxes of the time. I'm moving and just don't have time to sort it. It has a good hard case with it. I'd like £100 and for this I will donate 5% to the sale and chuck in whatever extra bits I have for you. I'm not making any money but ideally need it out of the way. It's a lovely looking instrument and with all the saxes I have had over the years I know that anything wrong with it can be easily rectified. So if you had to spend £50 to make it play then you have a pretty nice alto at the end of it. I can post it and I will do so the most economic way possible for you via Hermes, which will be around £8.
DM me for further info as I am at work posting this and no access to photos. Many thanks,

JayeNM

Formerly JayePDX
Darn it, if you were in US I would grab it...I refurbished an Arta Tenor around 6 months ago and it turned out to be a surprisingly GOOD saxophone once everything was set up, adjusted, regulated.

Is the finish lacquered brass ?

EdJ

Do you still have a Buisson clarinet bell? sorry to divert from the Arta Guban alto.

I agree with Colin about
Hermes they left a sax accessory In a decomposing garden waste bin on the day of collection. It was remarkable luck it didn't end up composted at a large central facility

OP
C_Claudemonster

C_Claudemonster

Formerly saxgirl22
Subscriber
Please don't use Hermes.
Hi Colin, I actually use them all the time and have never had a problem with them in all the 4 years I have sent items that I've sold (usually musical instruments). I will however probably ship it via Parcel force if it is going further afield or if a buyer has a different preference :)

OP
C_Claudemonster

C_Claudemonster

Formerly saxgirl22
Subscriber
Darn it, if you were in US I would grab it...I refurbished an Arta Tenor around 6 months ago and it turned out to be a surprisingly GOOD saxophone once everything was set up, adjusted, regulated.

Is the finish lacquered brass ?
Hi, yes it is lacquered brass :)

OP
C_Claudemonster

C_Claudemonster

Formerly saxgirl22
Subscriber
Do you still have a Buisson clarinet bell? sorry to divert from the Arta Guban alto.

I agree with Colin about
Hermes they left a sax accessory In a decomposing garden waste bin on the day of collection. It was remarkable luck it didn't end up composted at a large central facility
I will have a look for the bell and if I still have it will let you know via a DM so you can let me know post address. If I have it then you're welcome to it for free but please ensure a donation to the cafe. Will let you know. I guess it sounds like I have been lucky with Hermes ;-/

OP
C_Claudemonster

C_Claudemonster

Formerly saxgirl22
Subscriber
Re; the Buisson clarinet bits, these are now gone and the member will make a donation to the cafe for these. Sorry - I can't find the old thread for this one but it was referenced on this post, so just updating :)

Top Bottom