support Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces

Are Yamaha YAS 280 and Yamaha YTS 280 good enough for professional playing

Richie2176

I have a Yamaha YAS 280 Alto and a Yamaha YTS 280 both regarded as starter Saxes are they good enough for professional use ??

Depends on whether you want to be known for your playing or your sax. If the sax is a status symbol, then clearly not. But if you just want to play, they're good enough.
All I want Kev is not to waste money on hyped up professional saxes that to my ear don't sound any different from mine yet command huge prices I just want to play sax and have people enjoy my playing and not have to worry about whether I have top of the range equipment

All I want Kev is not to waste money on hyped up professional saxes that to my ear don't sound any different from mine yet command huge prices

Going for a more expensive instrument should be a choice led by your ear, as it matures.
The requirements for an instrument to be used professionally are:
- it allows you to play in tune
- pieces are not prone to fall during a gig
- the important keys are there

the 280 fits the bill. As you progress you might prefer different horns, though

A YAS280 and a YTS280 won't do.

You need a sop and baritone too >:)

I gig Gear4music instruments. Always get paid and have been asked back.

The only criteria for an instrument is that it plays in tune, fits your hands and is reliable.

Don't forget to insure them. They will get knocked over and may get stolen.

Am looking at making a collection including a bass sax as well but they are blooming expensive!

Never seen anything like that! I hope you have a big seat Colin! Tennis umpire's chair may suffice!

Now, here's the question...............is there a bigger sax?

A YAS280 and a YTS280 won't do.

You need a sop and baritone too >:)

I gig Gear4music instruments. Always get paid and have been asked back.

The only criteria for an instrument is that it plays in tune, fits your hands and is reliable.

Don't forget to insure them. They will get knocked over and may get stolen.
Thank You Colin I'm renting the alto and tenor and now have the option to buy the alto or hand it back love the Yamahas but hope to go out and gig with them in the future

Gear 4 music saxes seem ok and the The Jericho Alto and Tenors seem to have a good reputation as well just wondering whether to stay with the Yamahas or go for two Jerichos ??

There must be a huge delta beteween the prices of the Yams and the Jerichos. I would suggest that you also look at Hanson, Jupiter and the Yard Sale!

Back
Top Bottom