All fees from subs and sales are supporting musicians suffering hardship due to COVID-19
SYOS

Saxophones Are Chateau Saxophones any good?

Classicalsax292

Greetings. Lately, I've been looking into various sax's and I found a company named chateau. From what I can tell, their saxophones are solid and at a good price (about $1950 for their top-of-the-line professional model). Also, they look absolutely gorgeous, and their lacquer and engraving looks to rival that of Yanagisawa. They use ribbed construction, waterproof pads, blued steel springs,
Untitled2-e1445371876442.png
Untitled2-e1445371876442.png
and double-armed keys. I would love for someone who's had experience playing or dealing with one to offer their opinion.

jbtsax

Subscriber
They are made by the Tenon company with factories in both Vietnam and Taiwan. I have inspected one up close at a NAPBIRT Convention, but have not played one. I know they have a good reputation and come highly recommended by Curt Altarac of Music Medic who offers several models for sale on his website.

Stephen Howard

Haven't seen one on the bench as yet - but played a few at Frankfurt some years ago. I was impressed with the playability - but found that, for me, the cheaper models were livelier and more fun.

DavidUK

Anyone recognise this model? Any good?

I just can't match it up to anything on Google, other than the key guard shapes mirroring the ones on the more expensive newer models...

Keep Blowing

Commercial Café Supporter
They are made by the Tenon company with factories in both Vietnam and Taiwan. I have inspected one up close at a NAPBIRT Convention, but have not played one. I know they have a good reputation and come highly recommended by Curt Altarac of Music Medic who offers several models for sale on his website.
If my memory serves me correctly, P. Mauriat horns are also made in the Tenon factory

Saxholder Pro
Help!

Latest posts

Top Bottom