aqua de beber/our day will come

Pete Effamy

Nice job to you both. The latin stuff is always a test as it moves around so much and you have to really know what you're doing. Not an easy tune for either of you.

saxyjt

I have saxophone withdrawal symptoms
Subscriber
Brilliant! I didn't know you could sing too and in Portuguese/Brazilian too!

You are both lovely and doing a great job. I am just frustrated that you didn't play on Aqua de beber, I was expecting you to do so!

saxyjt

I have saxophone withdrawal symptoms
Subscriber
I did actually! But the camera man skipped it... He is a drummer... It's not his fault....
Nobody's perfect!

BTW, I went to one of my best friends 50th birthday last Saturday and he hired small rock group for the occasion. They were really good. A drummer, a bassist, a guitarist and the lead singer that doubled on guitar. My friend told them I played sax, so when they were about to play Baker Street, they asked me if I would join in. 1) I never even tried to play that, 2) I didn't bring any horn with me and if I did it would probably be the wrong one!

If anyone is curious, here is the group's web site.

What's good about them is that they revisit every tune with their own rock sound. The accoustics were not perfect, but since I didn't know anybody but my friend that night, it saved our evening. It was like going to a concert. The next day, we found out that the lead singer was my sister in law's guitar teacher a few years ago... Small world!

I printed a score for Baker Street and will dig into rock stuff. :D

OP
Karolis

Karolis

My friend told them I played sax, so when they were about to play Baker Street, they asked me if I would join in. 1) I never even tried to play that, 2) I didn't bring any horn with me and if I did it would probably be the wrong one!
Used to happen a lot during Jam sessions. Someone calls out a tune you never played and then you have to stumble around it, go home embarrassed, learn the tune from every angle, comeback the next day - ready to rock, and then.... no one plays it. :confused:
But you learn extra fast this way.

Last edited:
Top Bottom