PPT mouthpieces

April 2018 SOTM: Petite Fleure

Nice one U CAN CALL ME AL that's great

And double nice one Colin the bear. Great versions. Love the sop version, and the song sounds great with a tango backing

Thank you both for posting !

Rhys _ I think the song sounds great on Bari - I really like that !

Francisco - Another nice one too - Love the tenor !

thank you for posting

I'm really enjoying all the versions of this great song - Ive been a bit limited for practice time over the last few days as work is getting in the way of life as its year end and there are books to cook errr I mean balance !

Anyway, keep 'em coming. I cant get enough of this song!

Well done Nigel.

What mouthpieces did you use then?

I had my friends over tasting the Kanees today. They struggled big time with the wide openings and their stiff pieces of cane. That's typically the French conservatoire of music.

So I pushed them into trying some of my other mouthpieces: Meyer G, Berg Larsen and some D'Addario select jazz. As it happens they liked the D'Addario 6M on Alto. ;-)

The 8M for tenor was a bit out of reach this time around.

I hope that I'll manage to post one or two in the next few days.

Kanee or uncanny, that is the question! :eek:

Well done Nigel.

I had my friends over tasting the Kanees today. They struggled big time with the wide openings and their stiff pieces of cane. That's typically the French conservatoire of music.

So I pushed them into trying some of my other mouthpieces: Meyer G, Berg Larsen and some D'Addario select jazz. As it happens they liked the D'Addario 6M on Alto. ;-)

The 8M for tenor was a bit out of reach this time around.

I hope that I'll manage to post one or two in the next few days.

Kanee or uncanny, that is the question! :eek:
Maybe they smoke to many Gauloises

Maybe they smoke to many Gauloises

Both non smokers! Just not equiped with appropriate reeds. And not used to anything slightly open... If all you've played for years are Selmer S80 on alto or Vandoren T20 on tenor, then a Kanee 8 is a bit much to handle... I'm sure it's been an eye opener though. o_O

I tried my new Brilhart first, and didn’t like the result. The second recording was a Lawton.
I’ll have another go with the Brilhart, but I’m not sounding quite like Lester Young yet. :(

Both non smokers! Just not equiped with appropriate reeds. And not used to anything slightly open... If all you've played for years are Selmer S80 on alto or Vandoren T20 on tenor, then a Kanee 8 is a bit much to handle... I'm sure it's been an eye opener though. o_O
I hope you get to enjoy one or two of them,

I do apologise for my poor attempt at a joke, it happens when I have had a glass too many.

Are these guys classical players

Last edited by a moderator:
Here is my attempt on soprano.

had originally planned to post a tenor version of Petite Fleur, but it sounded so awful that I switched to soprano.
But here is my second attempt on tenor, with a different mouthpiece.

Good one Nigeld, I particularly like the tenor version !!! Thank you

hello from germany,

a great selection...there I can also contribute a version.

a mixture with clarinet and soprano:

That's really cool Version Wuffysax - great video montage too : Thank you

Petite fleur

J'ai caché
Mieux que partout ailleurs
Au jardin de mon cœur
Une petite fleur

Which I guess qualifies as a lament ... so here's a truly lamentable tenor version Petite Fleur

Well done. It's great to have more people joining in.

Petite fleur

J'ai caché
Au jardin de mon cœur
Une petite fleur

Which I guess qualifies as a lament ... so here's a truly lamentable tenor version Petite Fleur

Very nice, welcome to the café :)

Jx

Petite fleur

J'ai caché
Au jardin de mon cœur
Une petite fleur

Cool Version - I do like hearing it on tenor - Thank you
Welcome aboard !!

Back
Top Bottom