All profit supporting special needs music education and Help Musicians
Tutorials

April 2018 SOTM: Petite Fleure

saxyjt

I have saxophone withdrawal symptoms
Subscriber
Locality
France
I do apologise for my poor attempt at a joke, it happens when I have had a glass too many.

Are these guys classical players
They both study at the conservatoire de musique that tends to be classical oriented. So unless you're curious by nature, you stick to what they tell you.

I'm still working on Petite Fleur, I hope I'll be happy enough to post a version in the next couple of weeks. But I have another piece to work on that keeps me away from this...

jbtsax

Subscriber
Locality
Beautiful Springville, Utah USA
Great tune. I was looking for another tune and found this version on YouTube done by my good friend Steve Call's group "The New Hot Five". You may remember him from the "Jazz for Cows" video. He is the one playing tuba. He is also a great jazz pianist.

mrpeebee

Locality
The Netherlands
Here is my quick and dirty take with a short backing track (melody and short solo part):

- 'Petite Fleur' (Florida no USA 10* - Rico Royal 2) short:
Petite Fleur (Florida no USA 10* - RR2) short by mrpeebee

I did also record a take with a longer more jazzy backing. Will probably post that one later this month.
Here is the more jazz version:

- 'Petite Fleur' (Florida no USA 10* - Rico Royal 2) jazzy:
Petite Fleur (Florida no USA 10* - RR2) jazzy by mrpeebee
:

Jeanette

Organizress
Cafe Moderator
Locality
Cheshire UK
We are at the end of the month, I just want to say a big thank you to @chadders for his debut hosting, it was a great success :)

Thank you to everyone that contributed. We have a host in place for tomorrow so please do continue to support these threads.

If anybody wants to host do let me know and I'll ensure you get a turn.

Remember these threads never close so do continue to post if you missed doing so in the month:sax:

I'm hoping to have a go at this one myself

Jx

OP
chadders

chadders

Locality
Wrexham.

Jeanette

Organizress
Cafe Moderator
Locality
Cheshire UK
Nice attempt, when I've posted what I'm currently working on I'll have a go at this :)

Jx
And I did work on it for a while then for some reason it got left. Will someone hold me to account and I'll try again. It's bugging me I never posted having said I would :)

Jx

Colin the Bear

Locality
Burnley bb9 9dn
@Jeanette . Thats an odd track at a difficult tempo. I thought you were going to lose it at the beginning but you picked it up and recovered. You have good intonation and tone. You just need to relax and enjoy it. It's fun to play. ;)

Jeanette

Organizress
Cafe Moderator
Locality
Cheshire UK
@Jeanette . Thats an odd track at a difficult tempo. I thought you were going to lose it at the beginning but you picked it up and recovered. You have good intonation and tone. You just need to relax and enjoy it. It's fun to play. ;)
Thanks Colin, appreciate your comments, yes if I could relax I'm sure it would sound better. I did enjoy it though.

Jx

Saxholder Pro

Members OnlineStatistics

Help!Mailing List
Top Bottom
test6