All profit supporting special needs music education and Help Musicians
SYOS

Appeal to stop the mice flinging themselves down the toilet

Appeal to stop the mice flinging themselves down the toilet
Dearest friends I am appealing to you today to help prevent an ongoing tragedy here at Fats Dom Fan Club HQ....recent reports in the public domain have exposed the sad tale of mice crawling along the rafters here to fling themselves to their demise into the toilet bowl out the back to get away from the dreadful din….we can gladly report however that following a lesson and much practice that the aforementioned pathetic little creatures, although badly shaken and obviously severely emotionally disturbed have been rescued and are now huddling together in a much safer corner, ….reports that they were also seen queuing up and throwing themselves onto the traps are totally unfounded…all the traps have now been removed ….we have it on solid veterinary advice that it is not possible for a mouse to physically prise open a trap whilst at the same inserting its head to lay in a prone position…other reports that a number of the larger members of the extended rodent family were seen to prise them open and hold them there for others, may have some foundation in truth…indeed an eye witness has claimed to have watched this incident unfold but the 3 mice involved could not obtain suitable leverage or indeed purchase on the floor…. as the trap kept slipping from under them….to allow the trap to be fully opened and set ….the result being that mouse number 4 whom they were attempting to dispatch, merely ended up with severe concussion and bruising
And for the benefit of our younger readers out there…the little mouse involved was seen 2 days later with a little bandage on his head stealing a packet of my bloody crisps ok…so there’s no need for concern children…..

Good people I’m appealing to you today to help raise awareness of the plight of these poor cute little creatures and I am asking for your support to start a fund to assist their rehabilitation...
I intend to call it the
Furry Animal Rehabilitation + Treatment Instigating New Goals” and the Tee shirts saying “UK Saxophonists support (the above) Loudly In Public” on a silhouette of a cute little mouse playing a Tenor will be available soon

In the meantime can anyone help alleviate the problem of the awful din that has lead these poor little mites to suffer so much anguish….that which was caused by a now somewhat tamed and subdued Trixie and her current owner not being able to find any saxophone music scores (sorry if that’s not quite the right terminology but hopefully you will have an idea of what I mean) of our favourite Fats Domino tracks
I have searched the internet for days now but all I can seem to find are the scores for Piano and Guitar apart from “aint that a shame” and Anthony at Ackerman Music very kindly turning up a copy of “Blueberry Hill “
Although I have managed to decipher a few of Lee Allen’s rolls and tricks… I’m fairly positive few of them are even close to the correct key or notes with my so far extremely limited knowledge of anything more than the Dmaj and Dminor scales and the severe mix up between trying to listen to the track, stopping, then trying to get a note close to it then forgetting what it sounded like in the first place etc etc start all over again etc etc etc……
perhaps it’s a case that Lee and Herb simply knew their backing and leads and improvised each time with the all the rest, never committing to paper…..but I would really love to be able to play their stuff…. that’s why I was finally tempted…..

If anyone knows if anything like these exist and where they might be found…. I would be eternally grateful…well at least grateful enough NOT to become your stalker on the website >:)

Last edited by a moderator:

navarro

Hi HT, get on the net and look up Chimes Music. It is where I get many of my scores and backing tracks. they are not cheap but have got me many publications, scores, backing tracks etc. Make sure you tell them what key you want them transcribed in. Best regards N.

Thanks Navarro i will get a wee look at that later the Mice send their grateful thanks and appreciation
I can see theyve cheered up already

WOW that is some site !
I will be surfacing back out of it sometime next month
thanks again Navarro

Dave Mac

Honest, I'm Trying
Subscriber
Hi Navarro,
Chimes Music does backing tracks and transcriptions? Is that the company with 4 shops in London? I've had a look at their website and can't find any mention of them doing backing tracks - am I looking in the right place?

Dave.

Hi Navarro thanks for all the help i will contact Chimes at the start of next week Any kind of a clue roughly how much they charge for transcription of a song ??? is it a slam your purse closed and run away very quickly type of price or just your average WHAT !!! and stagger about clutching your heart type price ???? before giving in and hoping the missus doesnt find the credit card bill

Hi Dave did you have any joy finding the backing tracks ? do you want me to ask them if i can get them emailed..what kind of backing tracks do i ask about?

right everybody else..................... Good folks I know I started this thread off in my usual dopey tongue in cheek style but I now want to ask in all seriousness have any of you ever attempted to track these down no matter how unsuccessfully…I really do want to hear your experiences good or bad as its beginning to look as if this is a Holy Grail quest and they only exist in myth and if I knew that others had tried and failed to find them then obviously time would be better spent trying to work them out…which actually is helping me learn a great amount quickly.....I`m fully aware that the vast majority of you would find it simply a matter of listening to the old tracks and almost immediately being able to pick up your sax and play them probably note perfect just by ear..they must be fairly basic if even this old idiot can decipher a few of them

so please …I would love to hear from you if you think this is a totally futile endeavour just as much as otherwise

and I promise to remain totally po faced and serious for the rest of this thread
upon pain of application of one of those redundant mouse traps to my tenderest person should a smile even start to crack my ugly old features;}

Saxholder Pro
Help!Mailing List
Top Bottom