support Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces

Apocalypse Now or not very long to go

spike

Old Indian
Locality
Half way up a hill
So what have you all planned for the Big Bang?
It's only about 4 hours away now CET. I'm doing Fish and Chips with some Alaska filets and peas, green beans and carrots, I may do a mayonaise sauce if I get the time. Still can't decide which bottle of plonk. I've sent my missus out to the Heidelberg Christmas market but hopefully she'll be home in time for the big event. I've just fired up the old Swedish log oven and fed the dogs and this afternoon we discussed which CD we should play at midnight. I was all for Ornette Coleman, Albert Ayler or John Coltrane's A love Supreme but we compromised as always and it'll be Brandon Fields & the Gina Kronstadt Strings with their rendition of What a Wonderful World. On the other hand Vera Lynn might be more appropriate. Should go down well with the neighbours if I put the JBL's on the third store balcony and crank up the volume.

gruss spike - we'll meet again don't know where don't know when, but I'm sure we'll meet again at the Cafe Saxophone at the end of the Universe, - now where's my towel . . .

More important when it doesn't happen try reading T.S. Eliot's The Hollow Men.

This is the way the world ends, not with a bang but a whimper.

Hi Wade, I've read an awful lot but I've never read any of T.S. Elliot that I can remember, none the less there's no way I'm going out with a whimper. Should I survive the impending doom I shall certainly track down a copy of "The Hollow Men". Can anyone recommend a good bookstore in the Andromeda galaxy, I may well be passing through that way later this evening.

we had lebkuchen, followed by home made (non) cornish pasties...

Hey Kev there's only two hours and 10 minutes to go, I've cancelled the Fish and Chips, would be grateful for your home-made Cornish pasties recipe for the last supper, I've got some frozen pommes from Aldi and half a bottle of HP Brown Sauce, can't decide whether I should crack a bottle of Pinot Grigio or an old Merlot from Friaul, maybe both. I've thrown the music decision out the window - it'll be Wagner's Greatest Hits - my JBL's are pretty good - you may be able to hear it in Bavaria, I'll crank it up a notch or two.

pastry, swede (Kohlrube), onion, couple of spuds, 200g or so of steak.
chop up, wrap in pastry, dot of butter inside, salt/pepper. Cook at 200C for 20-25 mins, then a further 40 or so at 160. You may just make it...

I'm off to bed now, one last thing I want to do before it all goes pear shaped.

I'm off to bed now, one last thing I want to do before it all goes pear shaped.

Pear shaped?
That will be a surprise when some alien archaeologist finds your fossilised remains.

My son has informed me they got it wrong it is 21:12 on 21/12/2112!!

There you go see you in the morning.

Jx

Which time zone, or will the apocalypse move round the world anti-clockwise at an appropriate speed?

Well I'm still here:)

Which time zone, or will the apocalypse move round the world anti-clockwise at an appropriate speed?

I went to bed when he started explaining that part of his theory.

Jx

I'm still here. Some doom and gloom merchants have a lot of explaining to do. More snow overnight - maybe we're going to freeze to death.

I have just noticed that the date on the latest messages in the firearms thread has gone awry - it shows 31st December 1969. If we stick to that thread, do we potentially have another 43 years of saxophone playing ahead of us...?

My Mayan Indian sources tell me that although it is the end of a time period, it is also the start of a New Great Period in which the Croydon and Sarf Lundun Massive will become the greatest organisation in the World.

Be afraid, be very afraid unless you like saxophones of tenor and lower pitch.

For those that remember 10,9,8,7,6,5,4,3,2,1. Now is the end perish the world.........(silence) ........hmmmmm not quite the conflagration we'd been banking on..........oh well everybody.....same time same place next week

Well that was disappointing, now my wife will have to go out and buy some Christmas cards.

For me, the mystery is: why do these stupid stories always generate so much publicity? The BBC has given it a ridiculous amount of air time. They even spent some of my licence money having a reporter stand next to some pyramid in Mexico? Why?

Back
Top Bottom