All profit supporting special needs music education and Help Musicians
Tutorials

anyone who thinks he can play bari needs to listen to this!

Taz

Busking Oracle
Well Jack, I think I'm a bari player, and I do that to warm up before I start playing the hard stuff!

No I don't, and I've only thanked you for posting this thread 'cos the pianist could probably do a good rendition of "Chop Sticks" if she really pushed herself!

Actually, this is a great piece played fantastically!

llamedos

That is more than superb - it is the kind of performance that makes me despair and ponder the possibility of converting my sax to a plant container or improvised still. I've never even tried to play a bari but in my wildest dreams I could never play with such proficiency. A thoroughly enjoyable and inspirational listen, for which sincere thanks.

Dave.

Tenor Viol

Full of frets in North Shropshire
Subscriber
Yes, the Czardas seems a popular choice for big instruments to demonstrate virtuosity... very good - unbelievable dexterity.

jbtsax

Subscriber
The double tonguing is elegant. Truly a virtuoso performance. Thanks for posting this.

gladsaxisme

Try Hard Die Hard
Subscriber
Funny how you can watch things like this and just know you'll never be able to do it,I don't think my fingers have ever been able to move that fast....John :D:confused:;}:(

navarro

I am not a baritone player but appreciate this performance. What amazes me that in some of the passages he seems to incorporate other instruments within his sounds. At one point he sounded like a beautiful cello. Regds. N.

Nick Wyver

noisy
Subscriber
Very impressive indeed.

But does anyone actually enjoy listening to this stuff for the music rather than marveling at the skill of the performer.

Bit like all those Youtube videos of kids playing bebop.

aldevis

Surrealist Contributor.
Cafe Moderator
Very impressive indeed.

But does anyone actually enjoy listening to this stuff for the music rather than marveling at the skill of the performer.

Bit like all those Youtube videos of kids playing bebop.
I am sure you noticed the a big slice of performance only relates to virtuosity and has nothing to do with music.

What, no applause at the end?!! Stunning.
That is because of the vibrato.

Saxholder Pro
Help!Mailing List
Top Bottom