alto sax 2.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

kevgermany

ex Landrover Nut
Café Supporter
Locality
Just north of Munich
Yes

It's a gear for music Rosedale. The sop I've got has a lovely tone. Check the prices on their website before buying, just in case someone's asking too much.

Di in France

Locality
France
Thanks, they're asking £250 for it, I was interested as to which brand it was.

Last edited by a moderator:

milandro

Locality
the Netherlands
Chinese saxophones, for that kind of money it is what it is. Might be what you are looking for.

Ifit was my money I would buy a saxophone which was more of a known quantity , even if Chinese made, like a Bauhaus Walstein..... but it would be considerably more expensive.

So it might be worth a punt if secondhand and cheaper than the prices published here

http://www.gear4music.com/Saxophone/Rosedale.html

You might want to consider the fact that a second hand vintage horn might be as expensive and:

1) retaining a higher value if and when you would part from it
2) offer a more “ interesting” (whatever that means :) ) vintage sound

Di in France

Locality
France
Thanks guys, I'm not going to buy, I just saw an advert and the seller lives pretty close to my parents. It looked interesting, and I like the case ( I know, pretty stupid). I was curious, and thought if I could find out what make it was, I might take a chance with it.

milandro

Locality
the Netherlands
always worth checking out, you never know, there are hidden (though extremely rare) gems even among..........cabbages! :)

Colin the Bear

Locality
Burnley bb9 9dn
I find the G4M basic saxophones very playable and well engineered instruments. Very ergonomic with a responsive action and good intonation. I can only imagine what the next level up is like. They certainly aren't cabbages. More meat and potatoes if anything. Which in the hands of a good cook can be quite tasty and sustaining.

sushidushi

Mine's an espresso
I do hate it when blurb for saxophones (or anything else, indeed) says 'ergonomically designed'. What meaningless claptrap :mad:

Colin the Bear

Locality
Burnley bb9 9dn
Ergonomic to me means it fits your hands as opposed to having to fit your hands to it. I use the word because I can't think of another word that sums that up more conveniently or concisely. :shrug:

Jamesmac

Yes, indeed, but I see it as clutching at straws for something good to say.

You are correct, its a marketing term, what they are actually saying is. This 250 pound sax is the same as a 2000 pound sax, which we all know is BS.

kevgermany

ex Landrover Nut
Café Supporter
Locality
Just north of Munich
Milandro, they're OK+ chinese. Keys could be tighter, but not bad. Finish is good, intonation's good, setup isn't bad. Like most saxes they could be better (based on my experience of a single one... lol). For the money, they're really good value. But so are other brands.

Chinese saxophones, for that kind of money it is what it is. Might be what you are looking for.

Ifit was my money I would buy a saxophone which was more of a known quantity , even if Chinese made, like a Bauhaus Walstein..... but it would be considerably more expensive.

So it might be worth a punt if secondhand and cheaper than the prices published here

http://www.gear4music.com/Saxophone/Rosedale.html

You might want to consider the fact that a second hand vintage horn might be as expensive and:

1) retaining a higher value if and when you would part from it
2) offer a more “ interesting” (whatever that means :) ) vintage sound

C_Claudemonster

Formerly saxgirl22
Locality
England, UK
how funny, I contacted the lady the other day about this as she had it advertised on 'preloved' I decided against buying it. £250 is still £250 and I have too many instruments that I need to reduce first! lol

milandro

Locality
the Netherlands
Milandro, they're OK+ chinese. Keys could be tighter, but not bad. Finish is good, intonation's good, setup isn't bad. Like most saxes they could be better (based on my experience of a single one... lol). For the money, they're really good value. But so are other brands.

Yes, that is essentially what I thought too. At that price you can’t really buy much..........on the other hand.......would you really want to spend this much on this horn?

I have my doubts.

kevgermany

ex Landrover Nut
Café Supporter
Locality
Just north of Munich
At that price you can’t really buy much..........on the other hand.......would you really want to spend this much on this horn?

I have my doubts.

It's not that far below retail, so you're balancing a warranty against the price difference.

On the whole if it comes down to a choice between having and not having a horn I'd say yes,especially if you are able to do a few tweaks yourself. But if it's going to eat up hours in the workshop, then it's nonsensical.

milandro

Locality
the Netherlands
I thought OP has already a sax..........he or she was just about to succumb to GAS, some of us are doing their best to shelter OP from this attacks>:)

Di in France

Locality
France
You're absolutely right milandro, and thanks to all for your comments! I have two lovely Yani alto's so in no way need or want another, I was just curious! :D
Unfortunately I've succumbed to temptation and bought a tenor off ebay. :shocked:

Members online

Popular Discussions

Top Bottom