All profit supporting special needs music education and Help Musicians
PPT Mouthpieces

Anyone out there....

Neil Price

I have been playing alto sax for about a year, (self taught)... I'm looking for someone in my area to practice with and help me to improve... :welldone Is there anyone out there who can help... Also looking for practice space. I live in a small flat and as a result I am continually using mutes.... :confused:

kevgermany

ex Landrover Nut
Café Supporter
Hi Neil. Big welcome from me. Your welcome to practice here, but I guess it's a bit far.

Pyrografix

Senile Member
Hi Neil,

I'm in the wrong part of Scotland, I'm afraid, but Deadlink Removed might be of some help.

Welcome to the Madhouse anyway!

Cheers,

Amanda

Justin Chune

Hi Neil and welcome to the cafe. Finding a place to practice is hard for many people. I used to get into a nearby community centre for not much money.

Jim.

gladsaxisme

Try Hard Die Hard
Café Supporter
Hi Neil

Welcome to the cafe hope you enjoy the banter and informed info available I can imagine it must be a bind living in a flat and wanting to play the sax...All the best John

old git

Tremendous Bore
Welcome to the caff©, Neil.

Could we meet in the House of Commons lobby as I wish to see if our Cousins really do, when i shout "Neil!"

ENJOY!

TomMapfumo

I have been playing alto sax for about a year, (self taught)... I'm looking for someone in my area to practice with and help me to improve... :welldone Is there anyone out there who can help... Also looking for practice space. I live in a small flat and as a result I am continually using mutes.... :confused:

Hi Neil!

A Big Welcome to the Cafe from the Gilad Atzmon Selmer Ref54 Alto Sax Appreciation Society! I am also in the wrong part of Scotland, but would be very happy for you to pop over here and I could offer some shared practice and improvement.

What tutor books etc. do you use and what sax music do you like? Do you have access to Skype? Maybe we could work something out?! We could all offer you some support online, at the very least!

Can't help on the practice room front, though it can often be useful to check with neighbours and agree some times in the week when practice would be fine when they are around, or they could tell you when they are elsewhere at times you could practice.

Kind regards
Tom

Riversider

Hi Neil,
I've been playing for just over 2 years (started out self-taught, too) and seem to be the nearest to you (Stirling), though not near enough to meet up for regular sessions I fear. Still . . . I ride a motorcycle as well (Moto Guzzi), and take a blast to Oban very now and then! Welcome to the forum — I have learned a lot of useful things on this site.

kevgermany

ex Landrover Nut
Café Supporter
Hi Neil,
I've been playing for just over 2 years (started out self-taught, too) and seem to be the nearest to you (Stirling), though not near enough to meet up for regular sessions I fear. Still . . . I ride a motorcycle as well (Moto Guzzi), and take a blast to Oban very now and then! Welcome to the forum — I have learned a lot of useful things on this site.

Funny how many bikers and ex-bikers there are on the forum. I guess the 4 strokers prefer tenors and deeper, and the 2 strokers altos and above.

Jeanette

Organizress
Cafe Moderator
Welcome to the cafe Neil

I can certainly recommend getting someone to play with, I have a tutor and know if I was trying to teach myself I would be making so many mistakes but thinking I had got it right.:)

Jx

trimmy

One day i will...
Welcome to the cafe neil :D

Enjoy your journey, be it sax or bike :thumb: from a (ex) ZZR600 riding alto player :)

gladsaxisme

Try Hard Die Hard
Café Supporter
Funny how many bikers and ex-bikers there are on the forum. I guess the 4 strokers prefer tenors and deeper, and the 2 strokers altos and above.

You might have something there Kev I'm an old 2 stroker and definitely prefer the alto I wonder if this actually pans out...John

Filton

Welcome to the Cafe Neil. Unfortunately I am way down the other end of the country so can't help you - not that i could offer a lot of help anyway as I am still a beginner too..

You might have something there Kev I'm an old 2 stroker and definitely prefer the alto I wonder if this actually pans out...John

Interestingly I am a Tenor player and most definitely a 4-stroker - my last bike was this:

mt01_rhs_1024.jpg

Sunray

Welcome to the Cafe Neil. Unfortunately I am way down the other end of the country so can't help you - not that i could offer a lot of help anyway as I am still a beginner too..

Interestingly I am a Tenor player and most definitely a 4-stroker - my last bike was this:

View attachment 1288

Ha Ha ...

This will show my age ...

My last bike was a Tiger 110 ... :thumb:

Top Bottom