support Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces

Saxophones Any Thomann bass saxophone owners on here?

What mouthpiece are you using on it John?
I'm playing an old Wwodwind & Co pickle barrel piece which was slightly opened up. I also have a Jody Jazz which plays very easy but is a little bright for my tastes. I really like the general old school sound of the Woodwind & Co. I also tried a Pillinger a friend had which was a bit brighter than the woodwind piece but also great. I'll probably pick one of those up at some point.

Last edited by a moderator:
Me too. Just never imagined it was an actual possibility until this Thomann thing happened.
Have you watched the youtube video?The Bloke is pretty complimentary of almost everything about it, except for the mouthpiece. Mine is currently going through Thomann's 'quality control' which is reassuring. The consequent lag between purchase and payment has also given me time to scrape some money together!

Have you watched the youtube video?The Bloke is pretty complimentary of almost everything about it, except for the mouthpiece. Mine is currently going through Thomann's 'quality control' which is reassuring. The consequent lag between purchase and payment has also given me time to scrape some money together!
When I got mine it was 100% in working order. But yeah, the mouthpiece is garbage. I don't think I've ever bought a horn that included a mouthpiece that I used, though.
If you want a great mouthpiece which is really not too expensive write Ed Pillinger. It's a true bass mouthpiece. The way I feel about it is, why bother buying a bass and working that hard on it to have it sound like a big bari....?

I also have a friend in the Netherlands that refaces mouthpieces and is a bass player himself. He could probably hook you up with a traditional bass mouthpiece for around 200 euros. If you'd like his contact just let me know.

Last edited by a moderator:
Keep an eye on the Yardsale, my Buescher is thinking of leaving home ;)
Shoot, but seriously let me know if so. This Thomann is great but a stupid, superficial, and very big part of me wants an old American horn. I hate America in most ways, but I do like their saxophones....
And then someone else can get my Thomann for an even cheaper price.

Shoot, but seriously let me know if so
Well you’ll see it here in the Yardsale, I have to follow the forum rules of not selling or implying sales outside of Yardsale. (I’d hate to be banned from the forum!)
I won’t put on eBay as it’s likely to be local collect only because I don’t have a case, only a gig bag.

Last edited:

Support Cafesaxophone

Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces
Back
Top Bottom