Any Synth collectors about....

Jules

Formerly known as "nachoman"
Do any of you folks out there in cafe sax land play older synths- moogs, oscillators, theramins BBC radiophonic workshop sort of kit? I'm looking to get hold of some 'soundscapes' to play over- nothing melodic or rhythmical but atmospherics to jam over- think brian eno, hawkwind etc.. though I suppose anyone into this type of kit probably thinks that way anyway!
I could, potentially, make up something myself but the idea of it being generated by twiddling dials on some arcane bit of electronic kit really appeals.

Andrew Sanders

Northern Commissioner for Caslm
Subscriber
A good programme on Radio 4 today about Delia Derbyshire today. She who scared the bejasus out of us with the Dr Who theme.
Talk about an unsung heroine. Well worth a listen on listen again

OP
Jules

Jules

Formerly known as "nachoman"
I heard that one too- she seems to be a bit of a heroine of Radio 4, I've heard a few things about here. Fascinating program- really inspiring for her totally unconventional working methods, and a great character too....

SteveK

The simple answer is no. But interesting that you should raise this as I have been considering getting a stage keyboard so I can double in the non-sax parts of songs. Not that I am an accomplished pianist but I can vamp chords and there are times when strings would fill out the sound a whole lot better than a sax.
Steve

Top Bottom